Menu

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question... will this thread by its very nature become a classic too? Are we going to have this highlighted along with such threads called, "UGH?"

No one can ever start a thread here with "Ugh" again. It makes me laugh too much.

But I do feel kind of Twilight Zone-ish with this very thread. Have we stumbled upon another classic without even knowing it?

Have the crickets suddenly gone quiet at your houses too?

Is this the nexus of the universe?

LOL Let me just be the first to say that I still not know if you're a troll. :lol:

Seriously. <I am watching you> :D

Welcome, welcome!! lol :grouphug:

Let me ease your mind. I have met her IRL. If she is a troll she is a lovely one. Of course you don't know me either so I guess the possibility remains that we are trolls in cahoots.

Let me ease your mind. I have met her IRL. If she is a troll she is a lovely one. Of course you don't know me either so I guess the possibility remains that we are trolls in cahoots.

Who are we talking about? lol

ETA: OK! I see now! I thought newbies Mama & Susan were the same person! Not that you were sharing the same name, only that you both seem new to me and have a siimilair voice. LOL I bite at this!

Oh gosh, it's too late and too early for coffee!

I gotta check out!

Edited by LibraryLover

Wait...wait...hold on, I'm still catching my breath....

after 11+ years online and much more actually EDUCATING, here's the apparent CORE of what we do....

kilts, carpeting, bOOKs, tea....

I might not tell my mom.

SWB

And GRAMMAR...as part of our humane program. I am educating people about their apostrophe abuse *every* time I post! :D

And GRAMMAR...as part of our humane program. I am educating people about their apostrophe abuse *every* time I post! :D

Mrs Mungo speaks truth. My 7yo dd knows kittens die when apostrophes are used to pluralize. It's a common saying around our house now: "Dad, you just killed another kitten."

Take heart, Susan,

Without all those kilts, Books and tEA, there would be no children to educate!

:iagree: :D We know what makes the world go 'round.

And the hand that types "Sean Connery kilt pics" in the Google Images search engine 20 minutes before bedtime :blush: :w00t: becomes a hand that will eventually rock a cradle! (And turn the pages of nursery rhymes, then Aesop Fables, then Greek Myths and Latin texts...and if classical education really is the answer, that hand will eventually rule the world...)

So you can see, the kilt pics on the WTM boards are almost as essential to classical homeschooling as the WTM tome itself. Almost.

after 11+ years online and much more actually EDUCATING, here's the apparent CORE of what we do....

I might not tell my mom.

SWB

Yep, makes ya proud don't it :D.

It was very difficult (grammatically) to type that sentence :lol:

Topics that are off-limits:

1. Your new 10,000 sq foot hou'se. Pic's or it didn't happen.

2. Crock-pots. I know this has been mentioned, and I have no idea why, but despite my relatively new status I know that crock pots = DOOM.

Surprisingly, both politics and religion seem to get a proper thrashing frequently enough to keep you properly educated. Seriously. Forget reading the news. Just use the forums to self-educate. :D

Also, unlike most public forums, you are not allowed a good hairflip. No leaving the boards with a witty farewell about why you scorn everyone. Which is a shame, because I really appreciate a good hairflip now and again.

I might not tell my mom.

SWB

"Mother, the board's gone feral." :lol:

That's what happens when our benevolent Overmind only has 685 posts. Lord of the Flies!

(see how I brought that right back around to education? See?)

Really, you can't leave Bill and Mrs Mungo in charge. They're the king and queen of the bad kids' table. :D

I have a question... will this thread by its very nature become a classic too? Are we going to have this highlighted along with such threads called, "UGH?"

No one can ever start a thread here with "Ugh" again. It makes me laugh too much.

But I do feel kind of Twilight Zone-ish with this very thread. Have we stumbled upon another classic without even knowing it?

Have the crickets suddenly gone quiet at your houses too?

Is this the nexus of the universe?

I will say this: I am not a woman without a past. :D

I do like to bring a party with me whenever I can. :biggrinjester: I like fun - although I do try to avoid malicious fun.

It crossed my mind in starting this thread that while it would help me, for sure, it also might prove helpful to others AND end up being a great time, too.

We love remembering our finer moments, don't we? The things that have made us laugh till the tears run down our faces. :party:

I thought it might be a safe bet, with such an active forum, that y'all have a boatload of those types of moments.

I might not tell my mom.

SWB

Oh, golly.:blush:

~gulp~

Nice to meet you?

Hoping you're enjoying this thread, too!

I think this just needs to be stickied at the top of the forum for all newbies to read.
Well, I'm certainly enjoying it, anyway.

Many thanks to ALL the contributors and their fine links!!!

I don't know that I can TRULY say that my mind is Well-Trained yet, but, y'all are doing a good job of helping me work on it!:hurray:

I might not tell my mom.

SWB

:D And you thought you were doing this for the sake of Latin and the Trivium.

"Mother, the board's gone feral." :lol:

That's what happens when our benevolent Overmind only has 685 posts. Lord of the Flies!

(see how I brought that right back around to education? See?)

Really, you can't leave Bill and Mrs Mungo in charge. They're the king and queen of the bad kids' table. :D

:lol::lol::lol: Total crack up! Well-crafted!

Start here

:lol::lol:

ETA: Keep in mind the OP was edited.

Oh, and for the record, I personally enjoy posts 101, 123, and 128.

I'm up to page 56 as I have my pages configured, and, may I just say:

I'd like a dozen well-trained men in kilts...and a side of fries.

No need to supersize. :001_smile:

Have them bring their own Swiffers, if you please.

I'd also add that my floors are REALLY a mess, and will need plenty of TLC.

:D

Who needs Merry Maids?

Merry Men, perhaps?

Anna+green+arms+folded+kilt.jpg

I'm up to page 56 as I have my pages configured, and, may I just say:

I'd like a dozen well-trained men in kilts...and a side of fries.

No need to supersize. :001_smile:

Have them bring their own Swiffers, if you please.

I'd also add that my floors are REALLY a mess, and will need plenty of TLC.

:D

Who needs Merry Maids?

Merry Men, perhaps?

Anna+green+arms+folded+kilt.jpg

After you've read all those pages can you just explain it to me? I'm lost.... Kilts, TeA, and the other stuff.

Also I desperately would like to know how to do multiple quotes:001_smile:

After you've read all those pages can you just explain it to me? I'm lost.... Kilts, TeA, and the other stuff.

Someone will have to help with those other things but multiquotes I know.

At the bottom of each post is three buttons. The first says quote. The second looks like a piece of paper with an quotation mark and a plus sign. As you read through a thread you can press that for each quote you want to respond too. Then when you make a reply as you always do all the things you have pressed will show up.

Susan, I don't know who that is but wow, he can clean my house any day. In fact, i would take him on the side of sean Connery anyway of the week and twice on Sunday! Yummo! :D
Isn't he cute?

I'm up to page 80 now. Just finished reading a historical account of kilts.

Poor Adam: that whole poison oak leaf covering...

Eve should have consulted the Lord, first...

Here's the Glossary:

Men in Kilts: Because we can; Because it disperses tension

teA: What you make, generally in the early morning or late evening, with your spouse. Kids are never a part of this particular teA, although they may be a logical outcome.

bOOks: Can come in many shapes and sizes: Coffee Table, Hardcover, Pocket Books, Brochure. Young bOOks generally have firm, perky bindings which will get loose and worn later, after babies seek sustenance therein.

Carpet removal: Adjusting the naturally-growing pelt in the area concerned with teA. This could mean full removal (hardwood floors) or some version of downsizing (area rug).

If you figure those out, you're in, but reading the original threads where these terms organically bloomed is worth the hours of admission.

Edited by Quill
loose rhymes with goose

Here's the Glossary:

Men in Kilts: Because we can; Because it disperses tension

teA: What you make, generally in the early morning or late evening, with your spouse. Kids are never a part of this particular teA, although they may be a logical outcome.

bOOks: Can come in many shapes and sizes: Coffee Table, Hardcover, Pocket Books, Brochure. Young bOOks generally have firm, perky bindings which will get lose and worn later, after babies seek sustenance therein.

Carpet removal: Adjusting the naturally-growing pelt in the area concerned with teA. This could mean full removal (hardwood floors) or some version of downsizing (area rug).

If you figure those out, you're in, but reading the original threads where these terms organically bloomed is worth the hours of admission.

I adore you people. :lol: Seriously. I wish I had more time to waste... er... spend here.

Kilts are self explanatory, TeA spelled just that way is a euphemism of "marital (or not) relations. Carpeting can refer to the stuff on the floor or the proper grooming of certain parts of the TeAroom. (Think Brazilian ;)) BooKs are the things inside your BooKshelves (think appropriate undergarments for the typical woman's upper half).

Anything else?

Oh, Susan in the boonies, than you for your photo contribution.

Kilts are self explanatory, TeA spelled just that way is a euphemism of "marital (or not) relations. Carpeting can refer to the stuff on the floor or the proper grooming of certain parts of the TeAroom. (Think Brazilian ;)) BooKs are the things inside your BooKshelves (think appropriate undergarments for the typical woman's upper half).

Anything else?

Oh, Susan in the boonies, than you for your photo contribution.

You sound like Elvis.

Thanyou.Thanyouverymuch.

KiltedElvis.jpg

You're welcome.