Menu

Warren Jeffs--LIFE IN PRISON!

I've been following his trial. How in the world did he convince all those adults that what he was doing was okay?!? He was a total pedophile!! And there were lots of adults who knew what was going on because they were eye-witnesses! It is scary how easily manipulated people can be.

Are they going to go after the parents of the girls for giving them to him in the first place? I think they really ought to. And why didn't Utah do anything about it? (sorry, I have not been keeping up with the story. I only started reading about it last night when Heather posted. I'm just wondering some about some of the things that were in the comments.)

Are they going to go after the parents of the girls for giving them to him in the first place? I think they really ought to. And why didn't Utah do anything about it? (sorry, I have not been keeping up with the story. I only started reading about it last night when Heather posted. I'm just wondering some about some of the things that were in the comments.)

Utah convicted him but it was overturned on a technicality. :glare:

I am watching the news and they are saying that the FLDS are seeing this as Jeffs being a huge martyr who is suffering for his faith.

UGH.

Dawn

Let him be a martyr, then. A martyr is, first and foremost, an example. Let him be an example of what happens when you try to use religion to feed your pedophilia. Let it be an example that you cannot hide behind any claim of religious practice to commit what is a CRIME in the eyes of the law.

My concern is that he still has major control over all these people. I read an article last week that calculated how much he spends in phone calls alone and it was phenomenal. He spent something like $10,000 in one month alone and most of the calls were to the yearning for zion ranch :(. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's been sentenced, I'm just afraid that it's not going to change much for the people still under his spell :(