Menu

17 kids!! Is this a new Hive record??

I have a question! How many dishwashers do you have, be they manual or automatic, lol.

Dishes are a huge issue in our comparatively small family, but a big part of that is not having an automatic dish washer. I have a couple of manual dish DRYERS, but they haven't mastered the art of truly cleaning dishes, so here I sit with my dish pan hands. :tongue_smilie:

And, just for fun, how many pencils do YOU stock up on for the school year? ;)

Welcome to the WTM board! I love your children's names and especially the non-same-first-letteredness of their names. ;)

Good luck with the house!

Ditto on all of that...I don't understand how the Duggars don't spend all day every day saying the wrong names! :tongue_smilie: I have a hard enough time with that, and only 2 of mine start with the same letter.

When the Duggars first became famous, it was all anyone mentioned to me too, and I only had 6 at the time. And since I had never seen their show, it got old really fast. I'm with you, I wouldn't want to be on TV either!

My question is more logistical...

What does your husband do for a living? I would love to have a lot of kids, but don't see how to afford it. :)

He's a doctor, He started college at 16 (graduated early after being homeschooled), He worked part time & I ran an In-home daycare we didn't have that big of a family back then though ;).

Welcome to the WTM board! I love your children's names and especially the non-same-first-letteredness of their names.

Good luck with the house!

Thanks, I thought it'd get way to confusing!

I LOVE you for saying this.

My 4yo gets too much screen time. Mostly educational for sure, but still more than I would allow if, you know, we didn't have STUFF to get done!

Thank you for not pretending it's easy to be perfect. ;)

Lol, there's no way I'm perfect;Probably just like you (add x amount of kids ;))

I have a question! How many dishwashers do you have, be they manual or automatic, lol.

Dishes are a huge issue in our comparatively small family, but a big part of that is not having an automatic dish washer. I have a couple of manual dish DRYERS, but they haven't mastered the art of truly cleaning dishes, so here I sit with my dish pan hands. :tongue_smilie:

And, just for fun, how many pencils do YOU stock up on for the school year? ;)

I have 1 actual dish washer, and then all the kid's wash dishes :D

I get a package of 12 for each child, and they still run out :lol:

You're right, that is who I missed. Sorry, Zachary!

This is a serious question for moms of big families. Please give us tips for a strong pelvic floor. You must know something we don't.

Pilates! I've done it for awhile and found out it helps strengthen pelvic floor muscles

Oh yes, definitely envious here as well. I didn't realize I wanted a large family until it was too late and the docs said we had to stop.

One of my best friends' is cousin to the Duggers on TLC. I'm sure you get asked about them all the time, and I don't mean to bring them up AGAIN. ;) Just wanted to say that they are a neat bunch and I've always loved large families like yours.

Love your posting name!

My question is more logistical...

What does your husband do for a living? I would love to have a lot of kids, but don't see how to afford it. :)

He's a doctor, He started college at 16 (graduated early after being homeschooled), He worked part time & I ran an In-home daycare we didn't have that big of a family back then though ;).

Awww...it's like a fairy tale. You guys shouldn't be on TV. You should be in the movies!

I'm about to log off, i'm going to look at a new house!

Just wanted to let you know i saw this and I'll post when i have the chance later tonight!

Welcome! I'm in awe, too, and love big families even though ours is small.

I have no idea how you manage. I've only personally known one person who came from a larger family (19 kids), but they didn't homeschool & she'd be around 60 now (she was a co-worker) and I was in awe of her mother, too, who managed to do all the laundry, cook all of the meals & take care of those not in school yet, but you do even more.

As soon as I start to hear the bickering I say couch time. They have to go and sit on the couch and hold hands until they are ready to be friends and play nicely together. They can stay for 5 seconds or 5 hours, their choice:lol:. If it has lasted more than 10 minutes, I go in and remind them about good communication tools and then leave them again.

That is a great idea! It wouldn't work with my strong-willed children though, they'd be there for day's ;)

My kids are like Anna-Marie's, but they'd probably aksi hit each other or squeeze each others' hands too hard when they were that young, too.

I only have 3 but I say my bladder problems started when I gave birth to the Big Giant Head.

:lol:

:lol::iagree: Can you believe when I was giving birth to my second child, while he was, in fact, crowning, my OB said, "WOW!!! Look at the SIZE of that HEAD!!!" Yeah. Tell me about it. :glare: