Menu

When you make tomato soup. . .

What do you mix in tomato soup?  

1. 1. What do you mix in tomato soup?

• water
    • milk
    • both
    • other

I had no idea I was so weird. I don't think I've ever had it with milk. We don't drink cow's milk here, so there isn't any in the house. It doesn't sound appealing with soy or almond milk that we do have. We all like it with water. I make it now and then with lunch in the winter.

I like roasted tomato soup. I don't have a recipe I follow, but I found one online that is pretty much how I do it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-tomato-soup-recipe/index.html

Wow, that looks yummy, and more importantly, it looks like a soup recipe I'm capable of following! I'm really wanting to get away from the canned soups. Thanks for posting!

I voted water, but I was assuming we were talking bout canned tomato soup. I make this only when I am having a grilled cheese sandwich, and I like the soup to have a nice tang to balance out the creamy cheese of the sandwich.

When I make a tomato soup from scratch, I use milk or cream, depending on the recipe.

water!

The first time I saw someone making Campbell's with milk I commented that I'd never had it with milk. He told me, 'that's how you make it'. He didn't believe it could be made with water. Even when I showed him the instructions on the can he said 'it must have been changed'. :D