Menu

Y'all just won't believe my day... (kilt content)

So, I've recently moved to Oklahoma and I went to a hs group get together today. Met some really nice women and my kids had a great time. :)

The meeting was at a local community center, where there is much meeting space and used by other groups. Today, some of the others happened to be the local fire department bagpipe and drum corp. Yep, firemen... in kilts.

I wish I had my camera, my phone camera won't do it justice I'm sure. I hope to post pictures at some point. But when those men walked in the room it was all I could do not to bust out laughing.

And seriously, does the music of bagpipes make anyone else tear up? It's just so beautiful!

You should totally post the picture :)

I can't get the pictures off my phone, but I can send them to snapfish (which I did). For some reason I haven't received the text that they were received and available online. I think I'll just go check my photos online and see if it has magically appeared.

My friends Husband is a firefighter and wears a kilt/plays bagpipes.

I should get pics.

:)

Umm... yeah.

Why, yes. Yes you should. :tongue_smilie:

I can't get the pictures off my phone, but I can send them to snapfish (which I did). For some reason I haven't received the text that they were received and available online. I think I'll just go check my photos online and see if it has magically appeared.

Umm... yeah.

Next time I am over at their house I will ask him to put on his Kilt. :)

I was at a Civil War reenactment a few weeks ago, and these guys were there:

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war/1861/may/seventy-ninth-highlanders.htm

Old-skool kilters! Well, not THOSE guys, 'cause they're...well, you know...gone.

Also, I'll be at a Seven Years War reenactment at Fort Ticonderoga this weekend - AFTER GOING TO ALMANZO WILDER'S FARM!!! - and the 42nd (Royal Highland) Regiment of Foot will be portrayed!

On a side note, am I going to too many reenactments?!!

My friends Husband is a firefighter and wears a kilt/plays bagpipes.

I should get pics.

:)

We'll take up a collection for the Sangria. :lol::lol:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Why do men in kilts always seem to be smiling? :001_smile: