Menu

Oh man. I guess I really DO let my kids watch way too much TV.

We don't normally allow eating in the living room, but we made an exception the other day and let my 5 y/o son eat lunch at his little play table in the living room.

My husband told him to make sure he ate over his plate/the table because the carpet can't be easily cleaned.

My son looked at him and said, "You can look to save money with Oxiclean, you know!"

While we blinked in surprise, he proceeded to add: "Oxiclean is stronger than regular!"

"Regular what?" My husband asked, while I just started laughing.

"I don't know."

Yep. He probably watches too much TV.

Your son is a cutie pie. I hope you are writing this stuff down!

When my boys were around 5 or 6, I let them watch Christmas shows on regular t.v. (the kind with ads). Naturally, there were plenty of toy ads. When the boys saw something they wanted, they would tell me about it so I could put it in their letters to Santa. They would quote the ads exactly.

Their requests always ended with "batteries not included". I was glad they didn't end with "do not try this at home".

My five-year-old son has been sold on Tempurpedic mattresses. When he's awake past his bedtime it's because he can't fall asleep because his mattress has springs. When I tell him not to jump on the bed because it will break it, he asks if I will buy him a Tempurpedic mattress. He refuses to accept that the producers of the commercial might have a skewed view of beds. :tongue_smilie:

Your son is a cutie pie. I hope you are writing this stuff down!

When my boys were around 5 or 6, I let them watch Christmas shows on regular t.v. (the kind with ads). Naturally, there were plenty of toy ads. When the boys saw something they wanted, they would tell me about it so I could put it in their letters to Santa. They would quote the ads exactly.

Their requests always ended with "batteries not included". I was glad they didn't end with "do not try this at home".

That's hilarious lol. Batteries not included! Too funny!

And yes I do write this stuff down- I've had an ongoing wordpad document since my now 10 y/o daughter was about 3 years old writing down all of the funny things she (and now my son, too) said. Every now and then I look back and laugh- there were so many priceless gems I'd have forgotten all about if I hadn't been writing them down! :)

I remember well when my dd was about 3 yo and strolled into the room to say, "Mama, did you know that Kaboom puts the shine back in your shower? You should get some!!"

:001_huh: I was like a deer caught in the headlights by her announcement, realizing that my little toddler was watching waaaay too much TV!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Actually, I have a lot of friends who swear by their tempurpedics. :D

My five-year-old son has been sold on Tempurpedic mattresses. When he's awake past his bedtime it's because he can't fall asleep because his mattress has springs. When I tell him not to jump on the bed because it will break it, he asks if I will buy him a Tempurpedic mattress. He refuses to accept that the producers of the commercial might have a skewed view of beds. :tongue_smilie:

Guest jab300

These are all too funny! How neat that some of you are keeping record of these adorable quotes...wish I had done that.:lol:

:iagree:OMG, My son & I have had the SAME conversation!:lol:

When I was about 9 my mom was talking about a birthday present she wasn't sure if I'd like. At the same time, I was watching a commercial on a glass cleaning squeegee and thought it looked awesome. So when she asked if I would like it, I said yes, thinking she was talking about the squeegee. When she asked what color, I was confused and said it only came in one and she then realized I was talking about the squeegee. She still bring it up.

My neighbor realized her five-year-old son was seeing too much commercial television when the poor kid was convinced he had every ailment the class-action lawyers were advertising about. The child would not be dissuaded from the notion that he had mesothelioma, Legionnaires' Disease, and complications from birth control pills.

My neighbor realized her five-year-old son was seeing too much commercial television when the poor kid was convinced he had every ailment the class-action lawyers were advertising about. The child would not be dissuaded from the notion that he had mesothelioma, Legionnaires' Disease, and complications from birth control pills.

Anyone remember in the movie My Girl when the girl falls on the floor during dinner whining "Ooooh. My prostate."? That was so freaking funny.

When my oldest son was about 6 or 7, we were writing letters to soldiers. His entire letter: "Thank you for keeping us safe. Do you have a tank? Do you clean it with sham-wow? It won't scratch and holds lots of wine or soda. I hope you are safe." Mind you we never had a shamwow.

A few months later he saw some at Target and bought them with his own money. He was crushed when he found out they didn't work...

What is really sad is when they can convince dad that mom really NEEDS the perfect brownie pan for Christmas. You know, the one that bakes them into the perfect little squares. :glare:

Every mother's dream.:tongue_smilie:

When my oldest son was about 6 or 7, we were writing letters to soldiers. His entire letter: "Thank you for keeping us safe. Do you have a tank? Do you clean it with sham-wow? It won't scratch and holds lots of wine or soda. I hope you are safe." Mind you we never had a shamwow.

That wins... that is sooooo funny! :lol: I read it aloud to my husband and he was cracking up, too. Love!