Menu

They probably have 5-7, because I think it's geared to preschool and many 5 year olds are in preschool. It's likely the age groupings are preset so the person inputting this selection could not put 2-5 as an option. That said I could see a 7 year old who watched and liked it as a 3 year old watching it, just as I occassionally caught an episode of Sesame Street as a 6 year old. I don't think a 7 year old who was new to the program would be interested.

My 1.5 year old LOVES it, is almost obsessed with it. She loves it so much that while she hardly speaks a word otherwise, she most certainly says "Clues Clues" :lol:

My 4 year old thinks it's a "baby" show because the 1.5 year old loves it so much and so he won't watch it. My almost 7 year old tolerates is because her baby sister loves it so much, but would never watch it on her own.

Oh my goodness, your signature made me LAUGH!!! :lol:

:D I copied it from another person's response to the "For smart-alecks: Why are you homeschooling?" thread. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247481

They probably have 5-7, because I think it's geared to preschool and many 5 year olds are in preschool. It's likely the age groupings are preset so the person inputting this selection could not put 2-5 as an option. That said I could see a 7 year old who watched and liked it as a 3 year old watching it, just as I occassionally caught an episode of Sesame Street as a 6 year old. I don't think a 7 year old who was new to the program would be interested.

Thank you. I didn't think it was challenging/engaging enough to spend time on it, but my dh showed it to ds4 and he loves it :tongue_smilie:

I'd say from 3 to 5. I'd say that it also depends on the kids. If the kids have watched a lot of tv, then they might find it too babyish. If they haven't watch a lot of tv, then they might like it. If they just like to watch a new program even if it is a little young for them, then okay.

My older kids won't choose it for themselves, but will sit and watch (and enjoy) it if ds5 puts it on, even 15yo. They did watch preschool shows of their own choosing (picking movie, not just because it is on) up til about 9 or so. They all still love Curious George.

Thank you. I didn't think it was challenging/engaging enough to spend time on it, but my dh showed it to ds4 and he loves it :tongue_smilie:

Dude, you are officially not allowed to not allow a 4-yr-old to watch Blue's Clues :D.

That is my decision, in no way biased by the fact that I spent years watching the show (with the kids, with the kids!), and can still sing the "We Just Got a Letter" song.

My 3yr old just discovered it on netflix and declared it is her favorite show. She'll be 4 in August. I was surprised to see my 7 and 9yr olds come in and sit down to watch it with her. The 9yr old used to watch it a lot as a toddler so maybe he is feeling nostalgic but I don't think the others ever got into it.

My kiddos never got into Blues Clues, but they each still enjoy other "preschool" programs. Peep and Max and Ruby are favorites. Recently, my 7 yo started asking to watch in the name of a younger sibling. "Mommy will you turn on Max and Ruby, Josiah really, really wants to watch it."

Dude, you are officially not allowed to not allow a 4-yr-old to watch Blue's Clues :D.

That is my decision, in no way biased by the fact that I spent years watching the show (with the kids, with the kids!), and can still sing the "We Just Got a Letter" song.

Aggg, those songs! I can't get them out of my head :D It's hard not to bounce to them :tongue_smilie:

Dd7 loved it when she was 2-4, but then didn't care so much about it for a couple of years. Then she went into another phase of liking it for a short time (maybe around age 6). Then she liked playing a Blues Clues computer game we had. Now at age 7.5 she's into superheroes (Superman, Spiderman, etc...), so I feed that with books (she doesn't watch any of the movies). I don't think she'll ever go back to Blues Clues.

• 2 weeks later...

Both of my boys, who are 5 and 8, still watch Blue's Clues. We have a vhs collection of them (I know, old school, right?), and they play them on our combo dvd/vcr.

But we are very, uh, different from many families in our entertainment choices. We have no cable, and the boys watch just a very few PBS shows (Martha Speaks and Curious George). Then they have their collection of Blues vhs, as well as quite a few Winnie the Pooh vhs. That's pretty much all they watch.

I mentioned to dh the other day that if Zee was in public school, I'm sure the kids would pick on him if they knew that he watches Winnie the Pooh. But I don't care. I like how innocent my kids are. Blues Clues and Winnie can stay as long as they want. :001_smile:

Funny timing, as it was just yesterday that my 8 & 6 yr olds were talking about Blues Clues and asking me if we had any episodes on demand. They haven't seen it in a couple years, but they were excited about the idea of watching it.

I actually quite liked the older episodes with Steve, so I'm not sure there's an age limit! (I also adore Backyardigans and Phineas and Ferb. :D)

We love Blue's Clues, especially the Steve seasons. :D It's the first show for preschoolers that really succeeded at "interaction" with the audience, IMO, and our whole family loves it. *I* will watch old episodes that I remember watching with our now teenagers...they'll come in and say, "Yeah, that was a good one, huh mom?" LOL!!

I think 2-5 is the best age range. I plan to own every episode on DVD to have on hand for grandkids.

• 2 weeks later...

My DS (2 1/2) LOVES Blues Clues. One of his first two-word phrases was "Blues Clues!" and he would make the little paw-print sign with his hands. SO CUTE. He watched every episode of Blues Clues on Netflix, and definitely prefers the seasons with Steve as well.

Now he is moving onto Bob the Builder... And yes, I completely agree with what a previous poster said about lack of TV!! We do not have cable in our household and we use Netflix and a DVD/VHS collection. We only let him watch one episode a day, or two if he is being very good.

Another favorite in our house is Veggie Tales.