Menu

It's my Birthday, and I thought I'd share. . .

DH has a habit of ruining my Birthday and Mother's day, so when they fall on the same day, it's a double whammy. This year, I think we finally figured it out.

First, I woke up, received my sweet gifts and homemade cards, and had a good cry over the fact that I am now pushing 40 (it hasn't been a good week), and everyone is texting me to wish me happy mother's day, NOT Happy Birthday, and I have to share my day with every other woman in the world which makes me really crabby for some reason (sorry, no offense):D. I then tortured my poor DH by taking over the making of the bacon (I like it a certain way), and then, I poured out the coffee he had made because he always makes it too weak and I just can't be polite today (I told him I love him and kissed him while doing it). He then had to run out and buy more coffee because that was the last of it, but he did so without complaint, I made it right, and now everyone's happy. :D

Then, I read Jane's thread and laughed because I realized I'm not the only one who doesn't want or need the jewelry or grand gestures that mean absolutely nothing. I just want the homemade cards, the hugs and kisses, the coffee to be made right, and to not have to do any housework for the day. DH commented it makes perfect sense. Homeschoolers = Control freaks:lol: He said it very lovingly and we both laughed because, hello, I made my own coffee and bacon this morning because I needed it to be perfect!:lol: No jewelry I'm not going to wear, no appliances that we needed anyway, and should have been bought months ago:glare:.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow Homeschooling, Control Freak Moms! Thankfully, I won't have to share my day with you for another 6 years;)

Love and Blessings!

Dorinda

Happy Birthday, you control freak, you! :)

FWIW, I like my coffee *just so* too. A bad cuppa coffee can really wreak havoc on a day ya know. :tongue_smilie:

cake294.jpg

Ohhh, nice cake. Happy Birthday, Dorinda. To another year of strong coffee! :)

:party:Happy Birthday. :party:

Tomorrow is my birthday, and call me nuts, but I like everyone to fawn over me both days. And if they don't I just get myself something I really want anyhow. 8)

:iagree: My birthday is tomorrow as well and I feel the same way.

Janet

Happy Birthday to you!

My husband's birthday too!

His mom always demanded Mother's Day over his birthday, imagine that, as a little kid, every few years. Then there's the cousin with Dec. 24 birthday. Man.

Awww, glad your bacon and coffee were just right. However they got that way. I'm just giggling at you throwing out the first batch of coffee, then discovering there was no more coffee grounds in the house. I would have gone back to bed.

I have been reading the many flavors of Mother's Day posts, too big a gift, getting no gift, getting an unwanted gift, all that. Honestly, I like getting slaves today. I do. They'll do anything I ask. I'm moving furniture. I think.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I sat around and did NOTHING today! I looked at houses for sale, cars for sale. It was a GREAT day!

Happy Birthday, you control freak, you! :)

FWIW, I like my coffee *just so* too. A bad cuppa coffee can really wreak havoc on a day ya know. :tongue_smilie:

cake294.jpg

Thanks Jane! I hope your day ended better than it started;). That's an awesome cake. MMMMMM. . .Cake . . .:drool:

Tomorrow is my birthday, and call me nuts, but I like everyone to fawn over me both days. And if they don't I just get myself something I really want anyhow. 8)

Happy birthday to you. Pushing 40?? You infant!

:party:Happy Birthday. :party:

My birthday is tomorrow as well and I feel the same way.

Janet

Happy Birthday Ladies! And, I agree! I LOVE it when my B'day is Saturday and Mother's Day is Sunday. Only 5 years to go!:lol:

Happy birthday!!:party:

My birthday was last week. Our anniversary was yesterday. Mother's Day today. Where has dh been all week? Work. He has promised to make it up to me week after next when he finally has a couple of off days.

Happy Birthday to you!

My husband's birthday too!

His mom always demanded Mother's Day over his birthday, imagine that, as a little kid, every few years. Then there's the cousin with Dec. 24 birthday. Man.

Awww, glad your bacon and coffee were just right. However they got that way. I'm just giggling at you throwing out the first batch of coffee, then discovering there was no more coffee grounds in the house. I would have gone back to bed.

I have been reading the many flavors of Mother's Day posts, too big a gift, getting no gift, getting an unwanted gift, all that. Honestly, I like getting slaves today. I do. They'll do anything I ask. I'm moving furniture. I think.

I cannot believe your MIL did that! WOW! Wish your DH a Happy Birthday from one fellow Taurus to another.;)

I'm all for "Queen for a Day." We also had ice cream for dinner. :D The kids think it's the BEST. DAY. EVER!

Happy Mother's Day!

Dorinda

Today was my birthday too...and I also felt a bit crabby about having to share it with Mother's Day. I got what I really wanted though...dinner out with my family so I did not have to cook! :001_smile:

Happy birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you too!!!! Feel free to share my cake Jane sent me:D

Blessings!

Dorinda

Happy birthday to you. Pushing 40?? You infant!

I'm having trouble with this pushing 40 thing she has too. :D

Happy Birthday!!!!