Menu

I didn't ruin my kids' future!!

I know that it's silly to fear and that this is a bit of a brag, BUT, here goes anyway!

My son got a 26 on his ACT. It's his first time taking the test (or pretty much any standardized test) and we did NO prep work. And the biggest laugh is he got a 29 on math, which is the subject he hates most!

All I could think was that God had been gracious to allow us to teach our own kids and to train them for Him without ruining their academic chances. And my kids are NOT those mythical hsing kids who study Latin for fun and read novels at age 3, either! They are just ordinary kids who skip school whenever they can, have messy rooms, and would rather watch TV than discuss philosophy.

Please join in rejoicing with me. Homeschooling does work and God IS faithful. Doin' the happy dance on Good Friday...

Edited by ChemMommy
typo fixing and an apology for the double post

I know that it's silly to fear and that this is a bit of a brag, BUT, here goes anyway!

My son got a 26 on his ACT. It's his first time taking the test (or pretty much any standardized test) and we did NO prep work. And the biggest laugh is he got a 29 on math, which is the subject he hates most!

All I could think was that God had been gracious to allow us to teach our own kids and to train them for Him without ruining their academic chances. And my kids are NOT those mythical hsing kids who study Latin for fun and read novels at age 3, either! They are just ordinary kids who skip school whenever they can, have messy rooms, and would rather watch TV than discuss philosophy.

Please join in rejoicing with me. Homeschooling does work and God IS faithful. Doin' the happy dance on Good Friday...

Doing the happy dance with you!!! I didn't ruin mine either...and they sound a lot like yours.

Way to go Mamma!!!!

Faithe

Wow, that is so encouraging to me! Especially since my oldest dd is one who dislikes math, tried so skip school, has a messy room and would rather watch old tv shows! :lol:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!:thumbup:

I SOOOO hope I'm able to post something similar a year from now!!

When my 10th graders dreams beyond high school are: to be on Survivor

and my 8th grade daughters are: to play hockey as long as possible

I get a little worried about where we went wrong and how they will do. It's fine to have those dreams, but they better have some basic academics mixed in there!!!

Congratulations to you!!!

Rejoicing with you - sounds great!

So happy for you and your kids!!! Thanks so much for posting. For all of us still in the trenches, and "wondering how it will all turn out", I can't tell you how much encouragement you have given to us today!!

:grouphug: and rejoicing with you!

Blessings from Jennifer who has 2 normal kids that sound much like yours...

Congratulations! "Ruining my kids' future" has been one of those constant underlying fears ever since my ds was 5 and I realized he could neither tie shoes nor do a somersault. (Just those small things we hadn't covered in our K curriculum!) So I rejoice with you. :)

Congratulations! "Ruining my kids' future" has been one of those constant underlying fears ever since my ds was 5 and I realized he could neither tie shoes nor do a somersault. (Just those small things we hadn't covered in our K curriculum!) So I rejoice with you. :)

Yours can tie shoes? I'm convinced that one of mine can't... at least, that's what looking at his shoes tells me (if he's even wearing shoes that tie)! ;)

Yours can tie shoes? I'm convinced that one of mine can't... at least, that's what looking at his shoes tells me (if he's even wearing shoes that tie)! ;)
Mine can tie their shoes, but I have one who has completely forgotten how to tidy her room, and I don't mean that just because she has become lazy in many areas in her teen years, she really gets overwhelmed with it these days. She is nearly 16 and I'm guessing she's already starting to shed those unused things teens she in their brains (right now I can't remember if it's cells or connections or both) and I'm wonderng if those connections have already been lost and if she'll ever relearn that skill.

I was pretty sure that I'd messed up when dd couldn't catch a ball. Actually, I'm not sure she can yet, but as she's working on a doctoral degree in violin, I'm pretty sure her fine-motor skills are okay...

:lol::lol::lol: Although fine motor skills aren't what you use in catching most balls, this is still a great point!!!! Why should our dc have to do everything?