Menu

30 day song challenge - day 7: A song that reminds you of a certain event

It's The End Of The World As We Know It
Mine too. My early 20's. Road trip to Montreal. Tequila in the trunk, but frequent "rest" breaks (not the driver). Life's a pretty sweet fruit. ;)

Mr. Mister's Broken Wings reminds me of the first dance I went to (as soon as I turned 14, because in my church you couldn't go to the dances until then). It was the last song of the evening, the boy I had a crush on was standing nearby, and I was sending mental commands for him to come ask me to dance. He didn't, of course, but I've gotten over that now. :001_smile:

I Try by Macy Gray

I went to the pier to send off my dh on the first deployment after 9/11. Seriously, as soon as I got back into the car after watching the sub pull away, this song came on the radio. I cried like an idiot. It's a sweet song, and I loved hearing it while dh was deployed, but it made me cry every.stinking.time. I can still see that darn boat pulling away any time I hear this song.

Angel by Shaggy. First song played after my daughter was born. Was also the only song that soothed the 2am screaming.

That's funny.

Time of Your Life by Green Day was on when my youngest was born. The radio was on a semi-alterntive station and the midwives kept asking me if the music was bothering me!

Nope. (I think it was bothering them; they asked so often if I wanted it turned off! :lol:)

The year my son was born, an album called "The McGarrigle Hour" came out. Anna and Kate McGarrigle, Rufus Wainwright, Loudon Wainwright III. I believe they are all family. Any way, they sing an old standard called "What'll I Do?" which is supposedly about foretelling the end of a romance. But as I was dancing with my baby around the living room late at night, or rocking him in the chair, this song became all about how I would feel when he was all grown up and kissing HIS wife/sweetie instead of me. Sniff.

http://hypem.com/#!/item/z0yp/Kate+Anna+McGarrigle+-+What+ll+I+Do+feat+Rufus+Wainwright+

And since this is a homeschooling board, another track on the same album is called "NaCl" (sodium chloride) and is a fun one ("Sodium cried, 'What a gas! Be my bride!") http://hypem.com/#!/search/NaCl/1/

Julie

Edited by buddhabelly
added the NaCl song