Menu

30 day song challenge - day 6: A song that reminds you of somewhere

Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf. Brings me right back to Winter Break in College. On the beach in Ft. Lauderdale with my best friend. Blasting that cassette on my little boom box and hanging with some Canadians we had met.

Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf. Brings me right back to Winter Break in College. On the beach in Ft. Lauderdale with my best friend. Blasting that cassette on my little boom box and hanging with some Canadians we had met.

Ha! That song reminds me of Canadian bars!

Good morning. Today's challenge is a song that reminds you of somewhere. Mine is "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode. It reminds me of 6th Street in Austin, Texas in the early 1990's when my friends and I would go dancing.

Yes! Depeche Mode, Front 242, Ministry.... It all reminds me of dancing!!

Susan

well, i was going to link headhunter by front 242. inappropriate though. shocking. lol.

Edited by susankenny

Old and In the Way, which was part of a whole album, and it played every evening in first rental house my pack of friends had.

"Old and in the way, that's what I heard him say.

They used to heed the words he said, but that was yesterday.

Gold were turn to grey, and youth will fade away.

They'll never care about you when you're old and in the way."

Of course, we didn't feel that way. We were May Pole and Sufi dancing, drum circling, skinny dipping in the hot Kansas night- idealists.

It's been awhile.:sad:

ETA: Oh, and

never fails to waken the memory of watching the Big Country's guitarist turn from pasty white to lobster red during a concert at Daytona Beach. I saw REM touring for Murmur on that same beach that same spring break. And A Flock of Seagulls. Man, but that was a spring break to remember. :D Edited by nmoira

Steely Dan, Babylon Sister

Roller skating at night, out in the street. Dad gardening, moon and stars, Mijo our parrot up in the tree, ghetto blaster and extension cord out on the driveway. :D AHHH!! Happy memory!!

This whole Third World record reminds me of when we lived in a rinky dink studio at the beach. The place was surrounded by bamboo and rubber trees. The baby would sit in her swing and listen to this record over and over. She'd cry when the record ended, and we'd have to flip it real quick.

I love this record!!

Pretty much every single Billy Joel song reminds us of driving in Long Island one weekend. Radio stations there play him a lot for obvious reasons.

Total Eclipse of the Heart reminds me of the town where I grew up in South Wales, since Bonnie Tyler is from the same town.

This one we just love - so very Caribbean. :D

And my dh's record company just produced

. :D This is pure Grenada.