Menu

Dh is in the kitchen...

talking to himself. About dinner.

So far, it contains a bag of frozen mixed veggies, chicken breasts (not cut up), white rice (not rinsed), water, butter, and ground beef (that is, um, really turkey, but whatever).

And he brought home medicine that has to be taken with food. :svengo:

Starving. Dying. And dh is "cooking"! :w00t:

talking to himself. About dinner.

So far, it contains a bag of frozen mixed veggies, chicken breasts (not cut up), white rice (not rinsed), water, butter, and ground beef (that is, um, really turkey, but whatever).

And he brought home medicine that has to be taken with food. :svengo:

Starving. Dying. And dh is "cooking"! :w00t:

:lol: Love the mixed-meat portion. That's a total man-thought to me...."If one kind of meat is good, two must be tastier! I am carnivore, hear me roar!" ;).

:lol: Love the mixed-meat portion. That's a total man-thought to me...."If one kind of meat is good, two must be tastier! I am carnivore, hear me roar!" ;).

Yeah, I was thinking...not bad...until it came to the 2nd meat.

*shudders at the thought of ground meat clinging to a chicken breast*

It's worse than that--it's not about double meat, it's about dumping in some ground meat he'd already cooked, realizing it wasn't enough, &...improvising.

:D<--gritted teeth

And when 2yo came in crying that he was hungry, I told him he was doomed.

"I'm not Doomed! I'm Caedmon!" Wait & see, buddy.

It's worse than that--it's not about double meat, it's about dumping in some ground meat he'd already cooked, realizing it wasn't enough, &...improvising.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm always pleased if my dh has cooked anything. Doesn't mean we have to eat it.:D But at least he's covered.

The kids ate pbj for dinner last night (dh's idea) & pbj for lunch today (nothing else here).

This, er, "soup" is his efforts to redeem himself from frozen pizza & pbj.

I'm going on 2 weeks w/ a fierce URI or sinus infection or something. Things are getting...bad...around here. :tongue_smilie:

The soup was tolerable. I was brave enough to even say so out loud. I'm not the nicest of people on a good day--most of my compliments come out very back-handed--so I'd already hurt his feelings &...well, since the antibiotics have to go w/ "food"...the "compliment" was a life or death situation. For all of us. ;)

I like putting chicken and turkey in chili but it sounds like he has gone off the farm.

That sounds like my dh cooking. He once put raw chicken breast in the oven without any salt, oil, pepper, anything. Just the chicken. He cooked frozen veggie mix to go with it. It wasn't great. :lol:

Now I have trained him to make some basic crock pot meals. If only I could get him to stop turning it on high all the time and boiling the crap out of everything.

I like putting chicken and turkey in chili but it sounds like he has gone off the farm.

That sounds like my dh cooking. He once put raw chicken breast in the oven without any salt, oil, pepper, anything. Just the chicken. He cooked frozen veggie mix to go with it. It wasn't great. :lol:

Now I have trained him to make some basic crock pot meals. If only I could get him to stop turning it on high all the time andboiling the crap out of everything.

I'm pretty sure dh thinks that you have to be missing a significant portion of brain matter to *just* follow a recipe. :tongue_smilie:

He also flattens things. You know, so they'll look like they were made for the school cafeteria. :glare: It's one thing when he's cooking, but when he comes in behind me & flattens what I've just fluffed...gahh!

A few weeks ago my dh made something called Japanese pancakes. He version had normal pancake mix but inside it is cut up and PRE COOKED soya hot dogs, bacon, onions, lettuce, and something else. This was then topped off with a mustard sauce and a BBQ sauce of some sort.

Edited by Julie Smith
Fixed a auto checking spelling mistake PRE COOKED

A few weeks ago my dh made something called Japanese pancakes. He version had normal pancake mix but inside it is cut up and precipice soya hot dogs, bacon, onions, lettuce, and something else. This was then topped off with a mustard sauce and a BBQ sauce of some sort.

:eek: :lol: Did it turn out edible, even?

I'm so lucky. My DH isn't trained, but he has the uncanny ability to rummage through all the same cabinets I just rummaged through and declared "empty" and come up with ingredients for a fabulous meal. I don't know how he does it--it come naturally to him. It stinks that he's out of the house until well past dinnertime most days, so I almost never get to take advantage of his skill *sigh*

A few weeks ago my dh made something called Japanese pancakes. He version had normal pancake mix but inside it is cut up and precipice soya hot dogs, bacon, onions, lettuce, and something else. This was then topped off with a mustard sauce and a BBQ sauce of some sort.

You win.

:eek: :lol: Did it turn out edible, even?

I'm so lucky. My DH isn't trained, but he has the uncanny ability to rummage through all the same cabinets I just rummaged through and declared "empty" and come up with ingredients for a fabulous meal. I don't know how he does it--it come naturally to him. It stinks that he's out of the house until well past dinnertime most days, so I almost never get to take advantage of his skill *sigh*

He liked it and was sort of sad that we didn't. I didn't eat one. My eldest ate almost half of one, and my youngest ate one - but was happy when I made normal pancakes.

He has made this before, and uses it as a example that I am difficult to cook for.