Menu

What homepage do you use?

From a quick search, it looks like this hasn't been asked since 2008 - maybe b/c no one gives a flip :tongue_smilie:

Anyhow, to what site is your current homepage set? I just switched from Safari to FF and can't figure out what page I want for my start page. Hopefully I'll discover some new ones by asking here.

Would still love to hear responses, but it just hit me what I am going to use: Toodledo! I have an insane number of To-Do items - everything from daily errands to every-six-months household chores. But one of my problems is that I forget to check it, or check it too late in the day. Now it will be the 1st thing I see each morning!

google

but I have "stuff" on my google page, like local weather, and news headlines- at different times I have different "stuff" on my google homepage because there is a lot of "stuff" to choose from. Photographs, horoscopes, a to do list, sayings of the day, word of the day etc

Anyhow, to what site is your current homepage set? I just switched from Safari to FF and can't figure out what page I want for my start page. Hopefully I'll discover some new ones by asking here.

Mine is set to Fox News. There was a conversation, years ago now, something about who knows and who doesn't know what is going on in the world. I wasn't watching the news on TV b/c there was so much I found distasteful for my then 6 or 7 yo ds to be watching. I don't read the paper. It's one of those things that just got pitched so now we just get the Sat and Sun paper - for the ads mostly. :tongue_smilie:

I get local news via email from a local station. I get the headlines and links to the whole article. But national/international news I wasn't getting. So I switched my homepage to Foxnews. Again, it's just headlines but I do read them and notice when it's different from last time. I can click on a link to read more about it. But at least I now feel a little informed about what is going on out there.

Speed Dial.

It consists of a bunch of screen shots (almost the size of this text box- when you're first starting out typing a message in it, not viewing it after the fact) of any of my "favorites" that I want to set in there. So, like, I have my email, my meetup group, this site, my blog, my library's site, netflix, my bank, the weather, facebook, and so on.

When I go to my homepage, all of those are displayed in boxes and I can click on any one of them and it takes me right to whichever one I clicked on. I'll include a picture of a snapshot of the screen so you can see what I mean. It's pretty cool. :)

(I will only be leaving the picture up for a little while).

(It does have a google search bar at the top and it's through Mozilla Firefox).

Edited by NanceXToo

Speed Dial.

It consists of a bunch of screen shots (almost the size of this text box) of any of my "favorites" that I want to set in there. So, like, I have my email, my meetup group, this site, my blog, my library's site, netflix, my bank, the weather and so on.

When I go to my homepage, all of those are displayed in boxes and I can click on any one of them and it takes me right to whichever one I clicked on. I'll include a picture of a snapshot of the screen so you can see what I mean. It's pretty cool. :)

(I will only be leaving the picture up for a little while).

(It does have a google search bar at the top and it's through Mozilla Firefox).

I think I want to try it. Thanks! :)

I use iGoogle as my firefox homepage.

Has all my email, news, weather, facebook, google reader updates, photos etc in one place ready to go

I didn't realize there was a facebook gadget, so I went to add it after reading your post. Turns out there are quite a few facebook gadgets! Which one do you use?