Menu

Odd ?- is there anyway to get just 1 color of crayon??

Discount School Supply sells classpacks, but they are bulk amounts of many colors. Dick Blick has packs of one color though: Crayola bulk crayons. Scroll down. They come in boxes of 12. :001_smile:

Awesome! I'm not the OP, but thanks for posting this. Here for some reason it's brown that's always missing - but orange we have tons. Anyone want to set up an exchange program? ;)

Awesome! I'm not the OP, but thanks for posting this. Here for some reason it's brown that's always missing - but orange we have tons. Anyone want to set up an exchange program? ;)

I bought extra red when ds was younger, because he drew knights and hunting scences, and there was always a lot of blood. :D

Maybe at back to school time when all the packs are like a quarter you could hide some of the blacks? I just looked in our crayon box (plastic shoe box) it is so overly full but, I didn't see one black crayon! What do the children do with them I wonder? Now I am gonna bug myself all day wondering where did that color go and why?

Black seems to be the one we are always missing and always using. I'd love to have a small stockpile :D

:lol:

I have wondered this myself. The kids are always complaining that they can't find any black crayons. It's been a problem in our house for YEARS; since my stepdaughter started coloring as a tot!

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

OK, I'm very thankful the store is 10-15 minutes down the road. :D Maybe I could buy a few packs and send them out to y'all (I don't live very far south; I just like to say "y'all").

I would be totally grateful, and I have PP to pay :)

I would be totally grateful, and I have PP to pay :)

I pulled out my postal scale (used to do a bit of ebay here and there), the kids' crayons, and some packing materials to estimate shipping.

According to the USPS website, my 6x9 envelopes packed with crayon boxes would qualify for First Class Mail Package pricing (because it's lumpy it's a package instead of Large Envelope).

These are the postage prices with the weight of the envelope and a few sheets of paper added to estimate the weight of the crayon boxes and packing material/bubble wrap:

1 doz. crayons: $1.73 (4 oz.)

2 doz. crayons: $2.07 (6 oz.)

3 doz. crayons: $2.41 (8 oz.)

I can do postage estimates of larger quantities if you want.

If anyone wants me to get them some crayons from Lakeside, I'd be happy to. They are $1.50/box of 12. The colors available are: black, blue, brown, green, orange, red, white and yellow.

The color we tend to run out of is pink, and they don't carry it. I've asked them.

I pulled out my postal scale (used to do a bit of ebay here and there), the kids' crayons, and some packing materials to estimate shipping.

According to the USPS website, my 6x9 envelopes packed with crayon boxes would qualify for First Class Mail Package pricing (because it's lumpy it's a package instead of Large Envelope).

These are the postage prices with the weight of the envelope and a few sheets of paper added to estimate the weight of the crayon boxes and packing material/bubble wrap:

1 doz. crayons: $1.73 (4 oz.)

2 doz. crayons: $2.07 (6 oz.)

3 doz. crayons: $2.41 (8 oz.)

I can do postage estimates of larger quantities if you want.

If anyone wants me to get them some crayons from Lakeside, I'd be happy to. They are $1.50/box of 12. The colors available are: black, blue, brown, green, orange, red, white and yellow.

The color we tend to run out of is pink, and they don't carry it. I've asked them.

What?! You would think they would... I am sure pink is one of the most popular colors :confused:

I'll take 2 doz black crayons :) That's $5.07. If you'd like I can PP you tonight, so you have the money before you go... just let me know ;)

Oh, and THANK YOU!!!!

What?! You would think they would... I am sure pink is one of the most popular colors :confused:

They said they used to, there just isn't enough demand. (I have girls. They demand it! :D )

I'll take 2 doz black crayons :) That's $5.07. If you'd like I can PP you tonight, so you have the money before you go... just let me know ;)

I'll pm you.

Lisa, what an uncannily timely post. I was just looking at our crayon pile, wondering if Freecycle would help to get rid of them.

I have a ton of crayons all separated and bagged by color. (no obsessive compulsion, here *blink*)

Anyhoo, if you want the black crayons - or any color, let me know and they're yours!

I went to Lakeside today, and the black crayons are out of stock. They will order more, but since they just got a Crayola shipment in, their next order will be sometime in April, so the crayons probably won't be on the shelf until early May. I sent you a refund, missesd.

Also, they had the crayons priced at $1.80 in the store, but they're $1.50 on their website. I asked about that, and the owner said the website hasn't been updated with the correct price yet, but he will give me the $1.50 price when the black crayons come in.

Lisa, what an uncannily timely post. I was just looking at our crayon pile, wondering if Freecycle would help to get rid of them.

I have a ton of crayons all separated and bagged by color. (no obsessive compulsion, here *blink*)

Anyhoo, if you want the black crayons - or any color, let me know and they're yours!

YES!!! I'll PM you :)