Menu

Oh my gosh I'm so excited I just had to share!!

My son actually spoke a full sentence tonight! My jaw totally dropped to the floor! He just turned 10 years old on March 12 so I don't know if he's had a developmental growth spurt or what, but he wanted to go in the tub and take his toys in there. Usually he gestures or will say one word like, "bath" when he wants something. Today he looked me in the eyes and said, "want to go into bath." I couldn't believe it! It's the first time he's ever spoken a whole sentence! :hurray: :party: I'm so proud of my little guy! :001_wub:

My son actually spoke a full sentence tonight! My jaw totally dropped to the floor! He just turned 10 years old on March 12 so I don't know if he's had a developmental growth spurt or what, but he wanted to go in the tub and take his toys in there. Usually he gestures or will say one word like, "bath" when he wants something. Today he looked me in the eyes and said, "want to go into bath." I couldn't believe it! It's the first time he's ever spoken a whole sentence! :hurray: :party: I'm so proud of my little guy! :001_wub:

Oh wow! That is sooo wonderful!:hurray:

That is wonderful! I'm so happy for him, and for you! :grouphug:

Thank you. :)

I bet you swelled up with emotion. I don't know your situation, but this sounds like a big deal!

Oh I did. My son is profoundly Autistic and struggles to speak even one word. For him to say an entire sentence is HUGE. I'm just blown away by how far he's come. :001_smile:

Thank you for sharing with us!

Thank you for sharing with us!

I couldn't help sharing because I was busting at the seams and just had to tell someone! LOL I know there are lots of ladies here with special kids who would understand and rejoice with me. The people I know IRL have typical kids and wouldn't find it that amazing. hehe Thank you all for celebrating with me. You ladies are awesome! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That's wonderful! And yes, those of us with SN kids really do get it and we rejoice with you. :001_smile:

Carolyn

That's so great!! HOPE is important when faces with challenges :) I really wish for your family, that this is the start of an incredible journey of speaking! Let us know! :)

Thank you both so much! :grouphug::grouphug: I hope so too Carrie! I will definitely let you know. :) How wonderful it is to have people to share this journey with who truly understand. :grouphug: Thank you ladies. You're precious! :grouphug:

Oh I did. My son is profoundly Autistic and struggles to speak even one word. For him to say an entire sentence is HUGE. I'm just blown away by how far he's come. :001_smile:

It's an incredible testimony to what you are doing with your son. You are investing in his life. You know him the best, you know what is best for him. Fantastic! :party: I'm thrilled along with you!

Cake and coffee? Wish we could be there too. :D Let's all raise our cups of coffee (or tea or whatever) in a toast to you and your son!

How kind! Thank you. :) It's a pity you can't all really come. I'm so close to the beach (less than 2 miles) and the moon is so pretty and the weather is warm. We have some really nice Cuban bakeries down here too. :drool5: As it is though, I am sending you all heartfelt thanks for your care for my boy and for celebrating with me and a great big cyberhug! :grouphug: You ladies rock! :)

That's awesome! My ds1 has started to use more sentences and can request almost everything that he needs in a typical day. It's made life soooo much easier for him (and the rest of us). I hope you and your ds enjoy his new skills.

Thank you. :)