Menu

so, what's forbreakfast and lunch at your house

At the risk of sounding exceedingly ordinary and not at all a Domestic Goddess, we mostly have cold cereal for breakfast. Other possibilities are oatmeal, english muffins, bagels, fruit or yogurt. Lunch is usually some combination of leftovers, soup (homemade once in a while, but not usually), pierogies (the frozen kind) or sandwiches.

Dinner is the only time I regularly make from-scratch meals.

Breakfast this week has been homemade yogurt flavored with homemade jam (can you tell I'm pleased with myself on that one? :tongue_smilie:) or toast with jam or oatmeal. I sometimes eat cereal, but ds and dh don't.

Lunch has been leftovers or sandwiches. I had a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich today. :D

Breakfast

2x/week - oatmeal (set up the night before in rice cooker w/time delay) w/fruit

2x/week - scrambled eggs w/toast or cinnamon rolls (pillsbury refrig.)

1x/week - cereal

1x/week - pancakes or waffles

Sundays - pastries or muffins (usually bought on the clearance rack and frozen) and fried eggs

Lunch

sandwiches, homemade mac&cheese, burritos (frozen), chicken nuggets, hot dogs, sometimes leftovers. Nothing inspiring.

Nothing out of the ordinary here, I'm afraid.

B'fast:

Eggs w/ toast or (homemade) egg mcmuffins

Hot cereal

Cold cereal

French toast or pancakes with bacon on Saturdays

Egg casserole every once in a while (with croissants, yummy!)

Bagels with cream cheese

Smoothies

Cheese toast or PB toast

Pumpkin pie, apple pie, banana bread, zucchini bread etc. occasionally!

Fresh fruit

Breakfast potatoes by themselves or in burritos. (See Pioneer Woman's blog.)

Lunch:

PB & Honey, PB & J

cheese and crackers

meat and cheese roll ups

sandwiches made with cream cheese

fruit

veggies and ranch dip

hummus

soup - usually tomato or chx noodle

fish sticks

fried chx tenders - frozen, Tyson

pasta with pesto

leftover dinner from the night before

see breakfast ;)

Lunch is a bit of a free for all at the moment. Sometimes I'll knock up something, other times it's fruit and leftovers or whatever. That's heading towards the top of my priority list...

Breakfast is beans, home ground flatbreads, some fat and whatever greens are around. The beans may be something cooking in tomato with some herbs added, and served with avocado for fat, or home made hummus containing a good slug of olive oil.

Rosie

Breakfast is beans, home ground flatbreads, some fat and whatever greens are around. The beans may be something cooking in tomato with some herbs added, and served with avocado for fat, or home made hummus containing a good slug of olive oil.

Rosie

Rosie, I like your breakfast. I'd like to come over. :D

Rosie, I like your breakfast. I'd like to come over. :D

How's next weekend? Dh has been unemployed for months so he's been cooking them. He finally starts a new job on Monday so I'll need to step up to the (cooking) plate! I hope I can hack the pressure! But I'll still let him cook on weekends so he feels useful. I'll tell him you're coming :D

Rosie

First Breakfast around here is usually cereal for DD, and I'll have oatmeal, cereal, or french toast. Second breakfast might be bagels with cream cheese, eggs, french toast, or pancakes. Today I'm eating oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries. DD eats cold cereal every morning--she'd think the world was ending if she didn't have cereal for breakfast.

How's next weekend?

I'll tell him you're coming

:lol: :grouphug:

Dh has been unemployed for months so he's been cooking them. He finally starts a new job on Monday

Happy to hear that he starts a new job from tomorrow. :)

First Breakfast around here is usually cereal for DD, and I'll have oatmeal, cereal, or french toast. Second breakfast might be bagels with cream cheese, eggs, french toast, or pancakes.

My ds has not just one, but a few breakfasts ... and he's as slim as a ruler. He eats non-stop. Wish I was like that.

Around here breakfast is:

oatmeal

cold cereal

pop-tarts

special K bars

fried egg, bacon and cheese sandwich

waffles or pancakes with sausage links

Lunch:

I always make a big dinner so lunch is leftovers or if we happen to be out or Dad comes home he will bring Subway sandwiches.

Breakfast is an on your own meal most of the time. Cereal and bagels are always available. Eggs can be made if desired. Sometimes, I'll make pancakes. A few times a year, dh will make a big breakfast on Saturday/holiday. Lunch is just me and younger ds during the week. Lunch meat is available, as are leftovers. We tend to go out once or twice a week for lunch.

I only fix breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. All the other days everybody has to fix her own breakfast.

The breakfasts that I make get rotated between

pancakes and bacon (only dh eats the bacon and 17yo fixes herself toast instead)

Jiffy blueberry muffins (15yo and I eat something else)

cinnamon rolls from a can (I eat something else and dh just skips breakfast)

buttermilk biscuits using recipe from America's Test Kitchen (12yo eats something else)

What we eat on other days:

cold leftover pizza (me)

heated up leftover pizza (17yo)

toast (17yo, 12yo, me)

Eggo blueberry waffles (17yo, 12yo, occasionally dh)

frozen peas (15yo)

assorted fruit (15yo)

random protein leftover from fridge (15yo)

I generally make crepes 3-4x/week, but that can be at any time of day. Usually the 12yo is the only one who eats them. I use the recipe from America's Test Kitchen, but I double the eggs.