Menu

You might be a homeschooler if...

... you have your library card number memorized.

I just typed mine into the system to request books for DS, and DH commented on it. I hadn't thought it was all that odd, but he was amused.

:lol:

:lol: I probably would have mine memorized, but it's saved into my computer so I don't need to! I'm in the library's online system all the time. We can even download audiobooks directly. So yeah, I wouldn't think you were weird at all :D

:lol: I probably would have mine memorized, but it's saved into my computer so I don't need to! I'm in the library's online system all the time. We can even download audiobooks directly. So yeah, I wouldn't think you were weird at all :D

Same here. As many books as there are around here, someone is always headed to the library to pick up holds.

The other night I said to DH, "How can I memorize my library card number and J's (each are 14 digit numbers), but I can't remember what I had for lunch or the name of my Dr.?" :lol: I have the most serious case of mommy-brain, but yet I type in that library card number, no problem.

Guess I put a lot of books on hold. :001_smile: As we all do, right? Not weird to me!

Memorized here!

My librarians get so irritated with me anytime I have to renew my card. They assign a general password to each person's card but I always change mine because I use the library's internet holding and renewing features so much. They have to type my password in to renew it so they always get bent out of shape when it's not what they programmed it to be. Bah. They get bent about everything. Not the friendly librarians I grew up with, for sure.

I used to have mine memorized, but then I got a teacher's library card, which has a different number. It's on a label on the back of my personal card, so I present whichever side of the card applies when I check something out. Plus I got dd7 a library card when they still had limits on how many DVD's could be checked out on one card (it was 5, now there's no limit). So now I have all 3 numbers written on a small piece of paper and have taped it onto my keyboard. It serves 3 purposes: reminds me to check my account online to renew items, keeps my numbers handy, and if anyone hacks my computer, they won't find the number in it.

:lol: I probably would have mine memorized, but it's saved into my computer so I don't need to! I'm in the library's online system all the time. We can even download audiobooks directly.

Ditto. I'm trying to talk the library into making an app so I log on via my phone and download the audiobooks to that... or at least request books and check the status of requests and check due dates and all that jazz. I'd totally pay .99 for that!