Menu

Please help me find shoes for my baby girl!

Natalie was born prematurely and even though she has grown by leaps and bounds, she is still at about the 5% mark for height and weight at 11 months old.

However, she is already walking and has been for about a month. Not toddling...walking...very well (which is a little early for my tastes!). So I need shoes for her but because she is so small, all the shoes that fit her are only what they call "crib shoes" here...with soft bottoms. I need something with an actual sole to it but NO ONE has them here in anything below a size 3 and she wears a 1 or a 2 depending on the shoe.

I am so frustrated!

Any ideas for online places I can get what I need?

Even though we had hard soled shoes for my walkers at that age they HATED them, and literally refused to walk any time they were on their feet. I've had a few other friends say the same things. We went with Robeez. Even though they are a soft shoe, they have real leather for the bottoms and it is very tough. We let our kids walk on pavement with them and it didn't hurt the soles of the shoes or their feet one little bit.

I highly recommend pedoodles (www.pedoodles.com). They are soft leather like the Robeez but they do have walking shoes that have an actual sole on them. These were my daughter's favorite shoes forever and she has very difficult to fit with shoes. It breaks my heart that she can't wear them anymore.

My youngest dd had a pair of Pedoodles and we loved them! Super comfy and easy on those new little feet.

These were the mocs my last baby lived in (the 'suede roo' ones at the bottom of the page):

http://www.softstarshoes.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=40

I bought her a new pair when she outgrew the last, and that was pretty much all she wore from age 6 - 18 mos. They were fine inside, outside, everywhere. They aren't waterproof, but they hold up great and can be gently washed if needed (woolite).

When my oldest was a baby I thought I just had to have Stride Rite shoes for her when she started to walk. Stride Rite does a good job of convincing consumers their shoes are "necessary". When I asked the pediatrician about her shoes he said all she really needed at that point was something to cover her feet and the Stride Rite shoes were not really a need.

Even though we had hard soled shoes for my walkers at that age they HATED them, and literally refused to walk any time they were on their feet. I've had a few other friends say the same things. We went with Robeez. Even though they are a soft shoe, they have real leather for the bottoms and it is very tough. We let our kids walk on pavement with them and it didn't hurt the soles of the shoes or their feet one little bit.

:iagree: Robeez.

We went through a keep-sake box this weekend and found our son's first Roobez. Blue with a Union Flag (UK) On the toe-cap. So cute! :001_smile:

Bill

We used Robeez too, but I didn't like them in wet weather of the PNW once my kids were wanting to walk more than be carried. While they are wonderful, supple, leather, they don't provide much protection against the more extreme elements (high heat or very cold) or mud puddles. I think this is the rainier season in Malaysia right now, if that is true, I would consider something with a thicker sole especially if the babe will be walking on dirt roads/paths or gravel. The Stride Rite shoes I have bought are not rigid, they are very soft and forgiving for little feet.

I love Robeez for running around the house and doing general errands. We went through several pair, until dd4 finally outgrew the brand.

These were the mocs my last baby lived in (the 'suede roo' ones at the bottom of the page):

http://www.softstarshoes.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=40

I bought her a new pair when she outgrew the last, and that was pretty much all she wore from age 6 - 18 mos. They were fine inside, outside, everywhere. They aren't waterproof, but they hold up great and can be gently washed if needed (woolite).

:iagree:

I agree go with the soft-soled, it is better for them. Robeez, pedoodles, there are tons of brands out there. Target has a housebrand that is between a soft and regular sole for the small ones that is very flexible. Robeez is sized large- in my experience- my one-year old is in=between 2-3 in their sizes and 3-4 in Targets which is a bit small. They also have soft-soled boots as well for those in cold climates.

Edited by soror