Menu

Well, since it's blaring on all the radios, let's discuss Christmas music

The Date Rape Christmas song (aka Baby It's Cold Outside)..... Hate it!

Gasp! Baby It's Cold Outside is one of my and dh's favorites! In fact, the dh was just saying we should get the sheet music so that ds can play piano to accompany the two of us when we sing it.

My other favorite is Little Drummer Boy.

Hated: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, the Barking Dogs one, anything of that ilk.

Favorites:

Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid (1984)

Boar's Head Carol

Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie & Bing Crosby

Sussex Carol

The Holly and the Ivy

Angels from the Realms of Glory

O Come O Come Emmanuel

Overplayed: Blue Christmas... played in every store I entered today.

Dislike:

Santa Baby

I Want a Hippopotamus...

Santa Got Run Over by a Reindeer

anything with barking, meowing, chipmunking, etc.

Well Bill I also never had heard of the song but I did google it. I may very well have heard the song but the melody is so uninspired and boring and I tend to focus more on the music, I would never had paid it any attention.

I did read the blog and agree with it. What a stupid Christmas song.

I like a lot of CHristmas music and have lots of albums. Most of them are of choirs, brass groups, organs, or some combination. But I do like some of the more modern tunes including Feliz Navidad. I don't like the mean spirited songs like Grandma got Run over by a Reindeer. I also don't like barking dogs, chipmunks or very small kids singing.

One of my absolute favorite albums is by the Boston Pops Orchestra conducted by Arthur Fiedler. My most favorite tune on it is Sleigh Ride.

Of the religious songs, I love to sing Joy to the World, O Come O COme, Emmanuel, Hark the Heral Angels Sing. I like to hear O Holy Night, Once in Royal David's CIty and the Carol of the Bells.

Don't! You'll regret it forever. Horrid, horrid song.

Thanks I'll pass.

I will share a tip with those who are dissatisfied with the radio offerings and may not have enough Christmas music in their collections to keep the spirits bright.

On Pandora (a free internet streaming music website) I was able two choose two great "stations." One is "Christmas Carols" and has the great sacred music by the best chorales, pianists and orchestras and the other is "Christmas Radio" and has Frank, Bing, Perry, Dino, Ella, Nat, Andy and other old time pop favorites.

Now it is all Christmas, all the time :D

Bill

Thanks I'll pass.

I will share a tip with those who are dissatisfied with the radio offerings and may not have enough Christmas music in their collections to keep the spirits bright.

On Pandora (a free internet streaming music website) I was able two choose two great "stations." One is "Christmas Carols" and has the great sacred music by the best chorales, pianists and orchestras and the other is "Christmas Radio" and has Frank, Bing, Perry, Dino, Ella, Nat, Andy and other old time pop favorites.

Now it is all Christmas, all the time :D

Bill

Awesome!! Thanks for reminding me about Pandora!