Menu

Watched North and South for the first time and just have to say...

John Thornton has replaced Mr. Darcy in my heart. :leaving:

Not only is Richard Armitage gorgeous in the part, but I just wanted to scoop him up and comfort and protect him. Loved it!

:cheers2:

May need to watch again later tonight. I'm on my way to get my eyes checked for new glasses. "All the better to see you with, my dear." :D

Oh, I wish I hadn't seen this post...maybe I could sit ds down at his desk with strict orders not to bother mom while she watches her favorite 4 hours of TV? :D

Or maybe I should help ds w/ his schoolwork, finish my fall housecleaning, start my Thanksgiving cooking, etc.

Decisions, decisions.:tongue_smilie:

Ah, yes. The emotionally unavailable man. What is it about them? :drool5:;)

It's so funny you should say that. I thought emotion oozed from his very pores. To me, SHE was the emotionally unavailable one. I kept thinking, "Are you insane? Look at him!!" :D

Edited by Mejane

Did you know that Mr. Hottie....er.... Richard Armitage is slated to play Thorin Oakenshield in the upcoming Hobbit film? I am not sure what I think about this. How will he look as head dwarf?

:confused::confused::confused:

Wow, they are definitely going to do some dwarf-tweaking to make that work. I'm sure he'll be great, but I really can't picture it...

I didn't like his character so much in the Robin Hood series either.

But just seeing you mention North and South makes my heart go all aflutter. There are parts of that movie that make my heart hurt, I love it so much. It's easily on par with Pride & Prejudice, but I have to be in a much darker mood to be able to watch it.

Ah, yes. The emotionally unavailable man. What is it about them? :drool5:;)

:lol:

HAHA! The best literary and film men usually ARE emotionally unavailable, you're right! LOL!!!

Oh, I think I have a Wednesday movie night plan :) The ONLY good thing about having DH gone for the month of November has been complete control of the Netflix queue :)

I just checked and it's on Netflix instant but only until 12/1, and we're out of town half that time! Would this be okay to watch with dc? It's not rated, and I haven't seen it, but you all have got me interested.....

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but it's dark and sad. It's not exactly full of action either, but it does show a realistic view of the times.

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but it's dark and sad. It's not exactly full of action either, but it does show a realistic view of the times.

Thanks. I expect they'd wander in & out, so probably not know what's going on, but want to be sure they don't wander in when there's something on the screen they shouldn't see/hear.

Strange that it's only available until 12/1, because it's been on instant for a loooong time. Ahem. No idea how I might know that...

I think it'd be fine to watch with your children. I think I remember the stronger version of the word "darn" being used once. There's no explicit scenes of any kind (unless you consider a kiss explicit, which would have had the Victorians in an uproar). Some of the characters die, although it's not in a violent way. I'm guessing your kids will get bored with it early on, though. They probably can't yet appreciate the slow, subtle power of Richard Arm-- I mean, period dramas.

I'm guessing your kids will get bored with it early on, though. They probably can't yet appreciate the slow, subtle power of Richard Arm-- I mean, period dramas.

:lol: I'm counting on that. Maybe if I get all the Thanksgiving stuff ready in time I'll be able to watch at least half this afternoon.