Menu

Dinner tonight. I've taken nothing out

I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches, and potato soup sounds yummy!

I just made stuffed peppers, they're in the oven now. Lean ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and Italian seasoning, mixed with rice, a few beaten eggs and Italian bread crumbs, American cheese, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, and some frozen corn kernels, all stuffed into some green bell peppers. I'm starving already but they'll be another hour!

Salmon for everyone and 4 oz. of steak for the ds who has a medical issue and needs to get more fat, protein, and calories.

Sauteed mini-bella mushrooms

Roasted red potatoes with carrots, red pepper, green beans, and onions tossed with olive oil, thyme, and parmesan

Cornbread (leftover from last night)

Choice of grapes, kiwi, or both depending on the eater

I love potato soup!

We're having a chef's surprise kind of stew with ground turkey, cabbage, potatoes, some canned tomato, chicken broth and...whatever else I can toss in to clean out my fridge for tomorrow's shopping trip.

We'll have this with salad and some gluten free dinner rolls.

I love potato soup!

We're having a chef's surprise kind of stew with ground turkey, cabbage, potatoes, some canned tomato, chicken broth and...whatever else I can toss in to clean out my fridge for tomorrow's shopping trip.

We'll have this with salad and some gluten free dinner rolls.

Ack! You changed your avatar.

Looks like we will be sticking to the soup and sandwich. I've got fish on tap for tomorrow being Catholic and all that.;) Salmon does sound appealing though.

I'm intrigued- can you rough out a recipe?

Sure. I put in a can of refried beans, a can of black beans (drained), a can of chicken broth, a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis, a can of S&W Chili Beans, a cup or so of cooked diced chicken and a cup of frozen corn. I sometimes add some taco seasoning if it's a little bland. Then I let it cook all afternoon. I serve it up with diced avacado, a dollop of sour cream, green onions and a little cilantro and a side of tortilla chips or corn bread.

Ack! You changed your avatar.

Looks like we will be sticking to the soup and sandwich. I've got fish on tap for tomorrow being Catholic and all that.;) Salmon does sound appealing though.

Ack!? Is that a good Ack! or an ack Ack!?

Yes, some days I feel like I live in a cartoon.

I love salmon, on any day of the week.

Hope you enjoyed your soup and samiches! :)