Menu

Wanted: Your very best meal with chicken thighs...

Dh has been such a blessing to me the past several days and I would like to make a scrumptous dinner for him!! I can go out to buy items if I don't have them... but I am hoping to use a tray of chicken thighs... This doesn't have to be "fast" or "easy", I want "Wow, that is delicious!"

What would you fix? Recipe??

Thanks!!:)

Mmm....

chicken marsala with mushrooms--http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Marsala-232152

steamed/sauteed fresh green beans--clean & trim, put in a large pan with just a bit of water, cook covered on high until they're bright green. Pour off any remaining water, then add olive oil, crushed garlic, salt & pepper, and saute on high until they're evenly coated in the oil/seasonings. They should still have a bit of bite to them.

potatoes--I like to dice them, boil just until tender, drain, then sprinkle with garlic salt, parsley, a little butter, and lots of pepper, then add a bit of cream, half & half, or milk, and stir just until they're creamy chunks of potatoes.

:drool5:

Pan roasted Ckn w/ lemon-garlic green beans

6 tbl. olive oil

2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp. kosher salt

1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper

3/4 lb. trimmed green beans (I made this last night and used sugar snap peas instead) worked fine.

8 small red potatoes, quartered

4 chicken thighs (or breasts) bone in. (about 3 1/4 lbs.)

1. Preheat oven to 450

2. Coat a large baking dish w/ 1tbl. olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in te bottom of the dish.

3. In a large bowl combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat.

Remove beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.

Add potatoes to the same mixture and toss and coat.

Arrange potatoes along the inside edge of the dish.

Place ckn in the mixture and coat.

Put ckn, skin side up in dish.

Pour remaining olive oil on ckn.

4. Roast 50 min.

5. Remove ckn, place bean and potatoes back in oven for 10 min.

Serves 4

I usually use recipes as guidelines and don't stick 100 percent to them. So if you need more oil, garlic, pepper to coat, make more. Add more potatoes or ckn if you want to serve more.

Sticky Chicken

Take a jar of apple jelly, a package of dry onion soup mix, and a bottle of the red Catalina dressing. Mix together and pour over chicken thighs. Cover and bake at 350 for an hour. This is awesome in a dutch oven, but works just fine in a large cassarole dish with a lid.

Easy and delicious! We like it served with rice,

:bigear: I'm also looking for recipes for skinless/boneless thighs that the kids will eat - the sort of thing you can make large quantities of, in the oven.

Also, I struggle with converting the correct time/temp for boneless thighs from recipes that call for bone-in - any tips?? I tend to end up with rubbery meat.

An oldie from my mom:

Melt a stick of butter in a jelly roll pan or other metal baking pan with sides.

Dredge chicken in flour that's been seasoned with salt and pepper. Place pieces around the pan.

Cut small-ish sized potatoes in half lengthwise and lay them flat side down in between the chicken pieces. Use a lot of potatoes because they pick up the buttery chickeny flavor the family will be fighting over who gets the last one. :)

Bake at 350-375 until done.

That's it--very simple and very good.

:bigear: I'm also looking for recipes for skinless/boneless thighs that the kids will eat - the sort of thing you can make large quantities of, in the oven.

Also, I struggle with converting the correct time/temp for boneless thighs from recipes that call for bone-in - any tips?? I tend to end up with rubbery meat.

reduce cooking time by a third. So if it says 45 minutes, cook it for 30.

Sticky Chicken

Take a jar of apple jelly, a package of dry onion soup mix, and a bottle of the red Catalina dressing. Mix together and pour over chicken thighs. Cover and bake at 350 for an hour. This is awesome in a dutch oven, but works just fine in a large cassarole dish with a lid.

Easy and delicious! We like it served with rice,

My dh flipped for this and it was SO easy! I made it by dumping it all in my crock pot on low for about 6 hours. Served over rice I already had made and frozen. I think it would be good over noodles too. And green beans or broccoli - or salad (needs a green on the side).

The first time I made the sticky chicken I used frozen boneless/skinless breasts. The next time I used fresh bone-in thighs. Same each time. With the crock pot you can't really go wrong. Braising in liquid keeps it moist no matter what. Sorry if that doesn't help, I see you said oven.

My kids flipped out over it as well.:thumbup:

Duh me! Arroz con pollo!!

Make sure you add in the green olives, though, it just doesn't taste the same without.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/calling-all-cooks/arroz-con-pollo-recipe/index.html

Not to be persnickety, but have you actually made this version? I keep trying various arroz con pollo recipes and haven't found one that makes me happy. If you vouch for it, I'll try it. :)