Menu

UT shooting prayers please

A man with an AK-47 fired shots in the main library at UT Austin and killed himself. There are reports of a second shooter and so campus is in lockdown.

My 14 year old daughter is auditing a class on the ground floor of the building next to the library. She doesn't have a cellp hone and i can't get in touch with her or with my husband who isn't in his office. I'm sure she's fine but I really really wish I could hear from her. I am very anxious right now.

Got email from dd; she was evacuated w/ the other students to another building. The professor for her class is with her and is going to bring her home (she lives near us) as soon as the lockdown is lifted. Everything is fine for my family. Prayers still for the soul of the man who shot himself and that the second suspect if any is soon taken into custody with no further incidents.

Thank you for all the prayers. You think taht if you homeschool then you will never be sitting by the phone in panic because of a school shooting, and now here I am.

Got email from dd; she was evacuated w/ the other students to another building. The professor for her class is with her and is going to bring her home (she lives near us) as soon as the lockdown is lifted. Everything is fine for my family. Prayers still for the soul of the man who shot himself and that the second suspect if any is soon taken into custody with no further incidents.

Thank you for all the prayers. You think taht if you homeschool then you will never be sitting by the phone in panic because of a school shooting, and now here I am.

:grouphug: So glad to hear your family is safe. How terrified you must have been! Hopefully this situation will be completlely resolved soon without any additional loss of life.