Menu

Anyone else still need to order curriculum/supplies for this school year?

I still need:

FLL (just discovered this)

WWE (just discovered this as well, will probably need it/wait to order until after January)

a magnifying glass (I hope this isn't a piece of junk)

hand lens (It looks like I found a good one for CHEAP...less than $4)

Handbook of Nature Study (thanks for the thread going around about the $14 Amazon price

Geopuzzles (all of them)

I'm fairly certain I want to get the Outdoor Hour fall nature study e-book.

Our art supplies need a bit of stocking.

I can get most of these on Amazon and my cart is full-just need to wait a wee bit longer until I can press buy!

yep. This is round 2... the inevitable time when I replace the stuff that sounded so great at the time but is just not working. I have a huge box that I'm returning to Sonlight... now I still need to buy WWE and FLL for my 3rd grader to replace SL LA, and possibly a few other things. <sigh>

I'm really hoping that next year I'll get my act together and I won't have to do this. :banghead:

yep. This is round 2... the inevitable time when I replace the stuff that sounded so great at the time but is just not working. I have a huge box that I'm returning to Sonlight... now I still need to buy WWE and FLL for my 3rd grader to replace SL LA, and possibly a few other things. <sigh>

I'm really hoping that next year I'll get my act together and I won't have to do this. :banghead:

I keep changing things around. I keep hearing great things about certain types of curriculum, and I keep ordering!

Right now I'm waiting on Life of Fred and Song School Latin. :lol:

I've also changed Science and History since we started. It's our first year, so I'm trying to find our comfort zone.

Guest momk2000

I thought I had it all together this year, but I'm making curriculum changes already. Switching out History, and finally decided on a Science curriculum. Thankfully I have some books around to keep dd busy until Mom gets it together :confused: - lol.

I just had to go buy TT7 for my son. I thought he had only done the first few lessons of TT6 when we wrapped up the past year, turns out the little bugger was doing math over the summer when he was bored and was about half way through the program.

How dare he do math during the summer!!:lol:

I still have a $500 order ready to be place at the start of October. We have only received half our funding which of course we spent all of and much more and have another $500 coming which again I will be spending over and beyond. I have several smaller orders from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Bookdepository pending but those are mainly books (readers, RAs that are additional so I am not counting those). The big order from Rainbow has some Singapore Math, Horizons Math, Art supplies, two science kits, the rest of our TOG books... We are working on some things now but will officially be starting at the start of November since I am busy preparing notebooks, timeline, timeline figures, working on my lesson planning and so much more.

I only have a few things, but they are not necessary for a month or so.

I started filling my Rainbow cart yesterday and kept throwing a thing here a thing there in... before I knew it I had doubled my initial amount... so I left it for alter today, when I will start again.

BTW, the extra stuff was sort of birthday things for my oldest....

I'm still deciding on math for my youngest. I wanted to use Lial's BCM and/or Kinetic Books Pre-algebra, but Lial's was way to busy/cluttered for my dd's visual processing issues and she freaked out about doing math on the computer so KB was out as well.

I'm probably going to end up using MUS Pre-algebra for her. She needs a program that is BLACK print on WHITE paper, preferably with NO color anywhere on the page. She needs plenty of white space and an uncluttered look (not little boxes all over the place). MUS seems to be the only program that will fit the bill for her, but I'm open to suggestion if any of y'all have suggestions.

I'm probably going to end up using MUS Pre-algebra for her. She needs a program that is BLACK print on WHITE paper, preferably with NO color anywhere on the page. She needs plenty of white space and an uncluttered look (not little boxes all over the place). MUS seems to be the only program that will fit the bill for her, but I'm open to suggestion if any of y'all have suggestions.

Jacobs might fit your need--black on white with occasional green. Graph lines are green. Sections are separated by a green line across the page. It's not a bold green--it's more of soothing bluish green.

Cinder

ETA: Duh! I just realized after posting you were asking about PRE-alg. Sorry!