Menu

Shhhh my kids Christmas presents inside... I need advice

We got our kids a Wii finally. We also got Wii fit and the extra sports game you can buy. We got all the accessories that you need (extra nunchuck and controller and the sports package) What other games would you recommend? This is obviously their big present and its for all of them. (12 year old, 9 year old, 5 year old and 4 year old) There is a game I want to get for the boys, brain something or other- I dont remember)

Any other must have games for it??

I recommend MarioKart for your first game. It's a very friendly, fun racing game. There's characters and other cars you can unlock and three difficulty levels and lots of maps. We still haven't played through all of ours. Plus you can race each other so it's a good multiplayer game.

My kids have a game called "Cooking Mama" that they love - they "cook" food from around the world, and can play by themselves or compete against each toher to make the fastes/best dish. It has inspired DD to hunt down real recipes for some of the foods and try them. There is a similar game called "Science Papa" that we haven't tried yet - but rather than cooking, they do scientific experiments.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Not a game recommendation...but a station to recharge the batteries is a must. Your kids will go through a ton of batteries if you're not using a charging station.

:iagree:

I also agree with the Lego games. Star Wars is great! Their other favorites are Active Life Outdoor Challenge and Sports Resort. I am partial to active games.

I know NOTHING about Wii.....a friend has it and I've only played once...BUT, they had this game that had rabbits. they were in a van and you are the mom and had to slap the crying rabbits in the back of the van. It was a riot! i am totally against hitting children/rabbits or violence of any kind...but this game struck me in some kind of mom way....BTW I got a perfect score....

Robin

I know NOTHING about Wii.....a friend has it and I've only played once...BUT, they had this game that had rabbits. they were in a van and you are the mom and had to slap the crying rabbits in the back of the van. It was a riot! i am totally against hitting children/rabbits or violence of any kind...but this game struck me in some kind of mom way....BTW I got a perfect score....

Robin

I think that might be Raving Rabbids. We have all three of those but havent gotten to play them much. I've heard great things about them though!

Not a game recommendation...but a station to recharge the batteries is a must. Your kids will go through a ton of batteries if you're not using a charging station.
:iagree:

We use Eneloops; they hold charges well (most rechargeables drain when you're not using them), have no memory effect, and can be recharged 1000 times.

My almost 6 yos love, love Mario Kart, Monkey Ball (because of the "party games"), and especially the weird but cool game A Boy and His Blob - the only frustration with that one is that there's only ONE save slot, essentially, so they can't have different games going at once.

We don't have a Wii but my dd does. The whole family loves Mario Kart and Wii Resort. Between those and Wii Fit, I really don't see the need for anything else. That is enough to keep them busy non-stop for days. Oh and just so you know, Wii Fit is not easy. Try hoola-hooping for more than 3 minutes.

My kids love the Outdoor Adventure game! It gets played the most at our house!

Here too - and it wears us out!! Some friends of ours borrowed it when they purchased a Wii to try it out and said it was their favorite as well because even they're toddler was playing.

To the OP - the above game, all Lego games and Wii Resort are loved in our house.

My 7yo dd's favorite game is Just Dance. You can see a list of the songs online.

Dh's favorite game is Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

We all enjoy Mario Kart.

I also like the karaoke games.

Sports Resort and Active Life are also frequently grabbed games.

We have a bunch more that we are all just kind of eh about, but the Wii doesn't see a lot of action in our house.