Menu

a ? for the military families

So - tell the truth. Just between us......

Do you ever stop getting that slightly breathless feeling at the sight of a handsome man in uniform?

Does it all get old after a while - like those high fashion photographers who are all so oblivious to the beauty around them?

Or do you still catch yourself glancing & sucking in your breath every once in a while?

'Cause I was at the airshow this weekend & ooooh, la la.

[p.s. for those of you who have been deprived recently (of the sight of the finest advancements & technology in aviation) I put up some pix on my blog.]

Nope doesn't get old. Most aren't worth a second look though. Plus now that it's been a while I feel like a perv since some are young enough to be my kids. I might be biased but I think my dh looks *HOT* in his flight suit. I'm tempted to post a pic to prove it but I don't wanna share. :tongue_smilie:

Not yet! When dh was National Guard I couldn't wait for drill weekends to see him in his uniform. Now it's everyday, but it's still so...Wow! That hunk of manly man is all mine! ;)

:iagree: I can't wait for my dh's reserve weekend. Soon he'll be full-time on the base and wearing his uniform everyday! Can't wait!

Marines definately have the best mess dress. Dress blues for the Army are just missing - something. Still much better than your average suit, but not quite as hot.

As ridiculous as this sounds - even the smell of his uniforms is something special. And yes, it is just sweat and dirt - but good heavens to mergatroids! That smell is permanent - washing doesn't get rid of it and I for one love it!

ETA: A funny about Top Gun - we saw it in the cheap bin at Wal-mart a few weeks ago. I was explaining to the girls that it is one of my favorite movies of all time. Ever. Love it, love it, love it. My sweet youngest dd looks at the cover and asks - "Are those actors still alive though? It seems pretty old to me." Stabbed me right through the heart! I am NOT old! Repeat after me. I am NOT old!

Edited by TXMomof4

Oh, and he's been waiting his whole career for them to bring back Service Dress Khaki. I think when they finally bring it out, he will wear it as often as he can.

Of course that will mean a lot more time at the gym so the slinky 40's throwback dress in the closet will fit. Can't let him have all the retro fun.

Course he looks pretty good in a ratty tshirt too.

You know, I think my son is going to look great as a Marine! :) But, I may be biased. Two more years. I found one in his paintball attire.

Never get tired of seeing those Marines in their mess dress. Hey, they even look good in their PT gear:001_smile:
Edited by nestof3

Do you ever stop getting that slightly breathless feeling at the sight of a handsome man in uniform? Nope.

Does it all get old after a while - like those high fashion photographers who are all so oblivious to the beauty around them? Nada.

Or do you still catch yourself glancing & sucking in your breath every once in a while? Oh yeah, baby!

:D

Ya' know it's not military, but I have a uniformed man here everyday too. DH is local law enforcement and I must confess that I walk him to the door everyday & watch him go .. Love him in uniform.

And, OHHHH! love when its time for Honor Guard detail and he gets all dressed up in his dress uniform. (I even get to go to a banquet once a year on his arm, all dressed up & it makes me feel like a princess!).

I do love my man in uniform (another flight suit vote here as well... love the patches etc.) and don't get me started on his mess dress as well! I just wish someone else had to check all those pockets on his flight suit before tossing it into the laundry!

Oh - no doubt. I've gone on pocket strike a few times! There are like 15 pockets on that darn thing.....

I love men in uniform and my husband is the best of them all. Okay so every military wife says that bout her husband. It never gets old and I miss the crackerjacks. My husband advanced a few years ago and he no longer wears them. He got married in them so they are my absolute favorite. The new ones aren't bad and we are talking about renewing our vows and he'll wear his new dress uniform.