Menu

Poll: Do you watch Clean House?

Do you watch Clean House? If so, why?  

1. 1. Do you watch Clean House? If so, why?

• I watch it because I am a very neat person. I love to see them clean such filthy houses.
    • I watch it because it makes me feel better to see that others have more clutter than I do.
    • I am a Niecy fanatic.
    • It's all about the garage sale. I could never pass up a garage sale.
    • I could never watch this show as it is my idea of a horror show.
    • Other

Does anyone else watch Clean House? I was reading Ree's blog and she mentioned it. So, I'm curious to know just who else watches this show and why.

I watch it b/c I tend to agree with and have learned from why people keep JUNK. They also have shared good storage tips, and easy decorating ideas. It is also filmed in the LA-ish area, which.. I'm in so its fun to see them in towns I know.

I like trading spaces too!

it's my first poll and I kind of jumped the gun with my post. :001_smile:

My answer, and I will go and vote now, would have to be number 2. I am a clutterbug and it helps to know I am not alone in this world. Not only am I not alone, but some are actually much worse than I am. :D

I also think Niecy often has great insight and wisdom to share re: clutter that makes me think.

What channel is this on? I've never heard of it!

I have DirecTV and it comes on the Style Network. I'm not sure if it is on other channels. A team of a yard sale girl, handy man and designer--plus host and arm chair psychiatrist--travel around LA helping people buried in clutter part with stuff and make a clean start. They raise money through a garage sale, match it up to $1000 and use the money to redecorate the people's homes--after extensive cleaning and decluttering takes place, of course.

I have never heard of it. I wonder if they got the idea from How Clean is your house on bbc. OMG, that show is hilarious, disturbing, and will really make you want to jump up and clean.

That's funny because when I was making up the poll options dh suggested that one should be, "Is that the show where the British women in lab coats go clean houses where people have let their dogs use their showers as bathrooms?"

That show is scary--insert shudder. Clean house is definitely lighter and the houses are clutter-full but rarely as toxic as that show.

There is a show on The Learning Channel (or is it HGTV? hmm..) called 'Clean Sweep' that sounds almost the same. I like it. It is just clutter, not usually filth. That show with the British ladies....now THAT is a horror show to me.

Oh and Ree's blog is here http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Clean Sweep is WAY better than Clean House. In fact, Clean House seems like a Clean Sweep rip-off to me. Niecy is annoying as all get-out. The rest of the crew bicker and fight with each other (I'm sure it's all choreographed) over who gets how much of the budget, the designs in the few shows I managed to get through were not nearly as nice as Clean Sweep's, and Niecy is annoying as all get-out. Did I say she was annoying? Yes, she is.

Does anyone else watch Clean House? I was reading Ree's blog and she mentioned it. So, I'm curious to know just who else watches this show and why.

Ok, I admit it! I watch it! I love it, I tvo it so I dont miss it! How should I say this... Its like a car wreck... you just cant stop looking/watching. Its sometimes down right shocking how much stuff folks live with it....

I love Neicy... mmmm *Ü*