Menu

I'm sitting in a 'live' webinar with Pudewa & Kern....

"...A symbiotic relationship between reading and writing." - Kern

Kern is a genius. He's discussing poetry. He and MCT would be the best of friends (my theory, anyway).

Kern is talking tropes (devices which appeal to imagination) & schemes (devices which appeal to senses). He recommends a book from MP dealing with these.

I'm lost. This is over my head. I don't own LToW -- yet. :)

I forgot I was registered until I got an email reminder at 6 telling me the webinar was starting.

I'm getting a copy of all the notes from the webinar. I'll get you copies.

Now Kern is discussing Rhetoric: " The art of appropriate expression."

Rhetoric gives us the ability to use words correctly.

Rhetoric is a fire. The tongue is a fire. Do everything possibly to discipline our student's use of language and make them aware of their words.

"The devil wants to destroy every good word."

Kern is fabulous. He has come twice to a small conference we attend each year. We had the pleasure of not only attending all of his sessions, but also of having dinner with him, and he spent about an hour afterwards helping us tweak our homeschool plans. He put my mind at ease, and told me this is all so much easier than we make it! He is brilliant, and a devout Christian man. By the way, he recommended Laura Berquist's book, Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum. It just arrived in the mail today! Off to read....

Kern is fabulous. He has come twice to a small conference we attend each year. We had the pleasure of not only attending all of his sessions, but also of having dinner with him, and he spent about an hour afterwards helping us tweak our homeschool plans. He put my mind at ease, and told me this is all so much easier than we make it! He is brilliant, and a devout Christian man. By the way, he recommended Laura Berquist's book, Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum. It just arrived in the mail today! Off to read....

Please do a review on Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum, i'm very intrigued by it.