Menu

Dd is getting married and moving to Hawaii

My 19yodd is marrying her Navy man and moving in about 2 weeks. We are throwing her a shower this Saturday. It feels so WEIRD to have a child getting MARRIED!!!

She has been over there twice and had some second thoughts about living there, but she has realized that she really loves this little guy and wants to be with him, even if it means being away.

She is planning to enroll in the Paul Mitchell school there. They visited it when she was there, and she LOVED it.

I have finally seen some peace in this child, and am VERY happy about it.

Congrats!!! From one military wife to another soon to be military spouse.. make friends quick(they will be your family away from family).. write in address book in pencil..get out and explore and get involved, dont sit at home no matter where you are stationed... and always look for the bright side in each new duty station even if you dont want to move there :).

on a side note.. we are moving to hawaii end of the year :) if she needs anything once we get settled (even though you dont know me lol) ill be happy to help :)

Congrats!!! From one military wife to another soon to be military spouse.. make friends quick(they will be your family away from family).. write in address book in pencil..get out and explore and get involved, dont sit at home no matter where you are stationed... and always look for the bright side in each new duty station even if you dont want to move there :).

:iagree: What she said! I grew up a Navy Brat and I've been an Army wife for 14 years now. Tell her to get out, ASAP! It's very important that she not stay home and be miserable missing her family, especially if her dh is out on a deployment. Best wishes to her and her hubby!

Stacey you always leave us breathless with excitement. Congratulations! Start saving for your vacation. I wish your daughter every happiness. And she's has something she is looking forward to as well as being married. That is exciting.

Our lives have just been sheer insanity for, I'd say, the last 18 months for sure. This is actually a good thing (except her being so far away). It's finally something that'll bring me some peace for this child. She has had some struggles, but I have seen such positive changes in her since she's made this decision.

One thing that's awesome is how well these two communicate. They have been friends for 6 years, and they talk about everything. They are young (21 and 19), but I really believe they can have a great marriage if they keep the lines of communication open.

I'll try to keep the excitement coming (which I'm sure won't be a problem). :tongue_smilie:

One thing that's awesome is how well these two communicate. They have been friends for 6 years, and they talk about everything. They are young (21 and 19), but I really believe they can have a great marriage if they keep the lines of communication open.

I'll try to keep the excitement coming (which I'm sure won't be a problem). :tongue_smilie:

I think that above part is awesome!! :hurray: :hurray:

Since it's such short notice, I'm not sure just WHAT we will do about clothing. I don't even know for sure if dd will have a full-blown wedding dress. This is all happening pretty fast!

If you have a David's Bridal or equivalent, they have plenty that works great for quick and on a budget ;)

Congratulations :) Hubby and I dated for 4yrs before we married; we became each others best friend first...married for 16yrs in Aug. Also, I was an AF brat. Tell them to enjoy the ride, make the most of everything, and they will do fine. If they communicate well, that will help them through the tough spots.

Edited by mommaduck

My 19yodd is marrying her Navy man and moving in about 2 weeks. We are throwing her a shower this Saturday. It feels so WEIRD to have a child getting MARRIED!!!

She has been over there twice and had some second thoughts about living there, but she has realized that she really loves this little guy and wants to be with him, even if it means being away.

She is planning to enroll in the Paul Mitchell school there. They visited it when she was there, and she LOVED it.

I have finally seen some peace in this child, and am VERY happy about it.

Oh Stacy, I'm so happy for you and for her! Much love and happiness to them both :)

Barb

Since it's such short notice, I'm not sure just WHAT we will do about clothing. I don't even know for sure if dd will have a full-blown wedding dress. This is all happening pretty fast!

This place looks awesome! http://www.romanticgowns.com/collection/product-page.asp?SKU=j801w

The gowns are very low-priced and they'll overnight it for an extra $55.

Barb

I was in the middle of planning a big church wedding when my then-fiance left to start his Army service obligation. After 3 weeks of being absolutely miserable without each other, I went to visit him for Thanksgiving. We decided then to get married at Christmas. I did not want to wear my fancy gown to the JOP so I found a super-cute lace cocktail dress at White House.

My cousin found her wedding gown at J. Crew of all places.