Menu

OPINIONS, Please! Outfit to Wear Tonight:

DH and I are invited to a casual (tuxedo with flip flops - :lol: -- no, really, casual) dinner at the home of a gentleman DH has known for years through business. It will be just the gentleman, his wife and us.

The 'casual' is the only thing 'casual' about this as the dinner will formalize what will be a pivotal move in dh's career.

THAT being said -- what would you wear:

I have pulled out olive leaf pants (everything is from JJill) that are new and I like them very much. It is the top that I am undecided about:

HELP:

THIS: the olive leaf pants and this shade of olive look great together - very cool - it is very very hot here today; I have lovely jewelry to accessorize it.704349_DRN?$regular250x$

OR: 704264_FVF?$xlthumb170x$THIS - I have it in white.

OR:704276_AMJ?$regular250x$ This is in this color.

I have tons of stuff to accessorize whatever I wear - I just am at a loss as to what to wear. OH, and shoes: gorgeous sandles or gorgeous closed toe shoes - it's HOT! HELP and TIA

OK. I vote white shirt. It says "we're clean and sharp!" And as far as shoes, my vote is wear what looks best. Sandals seem like the best choice, but I think you should try everything on and take photos so that you can objectively decide what looks best. Go with the most flattering thing you have.

Margaret

I like the middle one with dressy(ish) sandals.

Thank you - when I remembered I had bought that top, I immediately began thinking just that.

Keep the opinions coming - we are going out to guitar lessons and my nail appointment then to drive kids to the home of friends who will watch them.

I will check back here b4 I get dressed. THANKS!

WOW! I'm in the white shirt camp and the top photo camp -- (which is why I posted here).

DH says white top - says it looks summery. I liked the person who said that white looks crisp and decisive.

OK - back to the bedroom to get dressed -- thinking white shirt but may still change my mind.

Yes, my feet are always done --:cool: -- even in the winter-- I'm thinking white shirt cause it looks less officey.

Thank you all so much.

I like all of them..the middle top color is pretty, but I'm not sure how it would look wit olive pants. It would be gorgeous with black or even brown.

Are you wearing olive-colored pants? Wear the bottom one and accessorize!!!! The 2-tone would look lovely.

Now, IF you were wearing a black jacket then by all means wear your olive pants with olive top and add on your jacket!

HTH! Sheryl <><

PS...really depends on color of pant. just noticed the two tops can also serve as a little cropped top/jacket left opened with a little cammie under it!! CUTE! But, that may not be dressy enough.

I see that you have not let us know what you have chosen. So, even though you have probably already eaten, I am going to vote. I vote the white shirt with sandals! Which one did you choose?

We just got in a little while ago -- we are NEVER out this late! What a treat! And, we had such a nice time -- what a nice, nice couple......they travel extensively and have fabulous photos of the Serengeti, China (photos of the wife surrounded by pandas - this was b4 the earthquake), just the most fascinating people with great stories.

Anyway, I went with the white shirt, nice jewelry, the dark (almost black) olive pants, and great sandals. Our hostess was wearing a white shirt, khaki pants and sandals -

thanks, hive. I definitely chose the right thing to wear. 'night!