Menu

Help me find my dream cabin please...

After just returning from 12 days at Disney World, I have a very different dream vacation on my mind! (It was a good trip but...I'm ready for something else.) Here's what sounds good: An isolated cabin on a lake where ds can fish, we can take walks, play cards or games at night. We would likely go in the fall when a fire in the fireplace would feel nice. It doesn't have to be 5 star but I also don't want beds that sag to the floor and old couches I don't want to sit on. Does anyone know of such a place that you would recommend? Location may or may not be an issue but I'd like to remove all boundaries (except it should be within the 48 states or possibly include Canada.) If it's too far for us to go this fall maybe we would go next year. I just know what I'm looking for is out there - I just don't know where! Thank you for any input.

We LOVE northern WI for this type of vacation. If you like a bit more activities the resorts are a great place to stay. They usually have a playground, different types of boats, ski jets, canoes to rent, sanded beach, fire pits/grills, some having a common room for meeting other guests. But even then they are still pretty quiet places. If you like the more solitary than that try renting a private house (search for housekeeping cottages). There are TONS of them. My family rents a different one every year. We have never been disappointed and it's so much fun trying out fishing on the different lakes. You have complete use of the house and typically have laundry facilities, many have some kind of boat to use (although my dad always brings his own), we've always had fire pits and usually some of type of swimming area. One of these years my husband and I hope to take a trip like this but for now, I just go every other year with my kids and parents and unmarried sister.

After just returning from 12 days at Disney World, I have a very different dream vacation on my mind! (It was a good trip but...I'm ready for something else.) Here's what sounds good: An isolated cabin on a lake where ds can fish, we can take walks, play cards or games at night. We would likely go in the fall when a fire in the fireplace would feel nice. It doesn't have to be 5 star but I also don't want beds that sag to the floor and old couches I don't want to sit on. Does anyone know of such a place that you would recommend? Location may or may not be an issue but I'd like to remove all boundaries (except it should be within the 48 states or possibly include Canada.) If it's too far for us to go this fall maybe we would go next year. I just know what I'm looking for is out there - I just don't know where! Thank you for any input.

Come visit me. Maine Camping Guide

:iagree: Or Northern Minnesota is another wonderful place to visit!

We love vacationing in Alexandria, Minnesota. Beautiful clean lakes. Northwoods feel. *sigh* My grandparents went there when they got married over 50 years ago and then took their kids and eventually grandkids back year after year. Last year I took my kids.

We live in upstate NY on a lake.. Its beautiful here but we like to getaway to MAINE! ;)

We LOVE IT there,. We rent in the port clyde, st george area on the ocean. Its wonderful, In the two weeks we spend there , we barely watch tv,no cell phones or computers.. we are always outside walking or playing games or cards at night. The ocean is wonderful.. its the best "nature escape" for us. this year our cabins are right on the ocean.. :D

Oh by the way.. upstate ny is beautiful getaway for people not from there.. hehe.. many really nice lakes for camping and fishing.

google I LOVE NY ;)

Myakka River State Park in Florida. We stayed in a log cabin made of palm trees and had alligators swimming 15 feet from the back door at night! Being from PA, it was wild to hear them croaking and see their eyes shining on top of the water. Also close to the gulf.

Take care,

Suzanne

More info. needed. Websites, area etc. :)

MAine really is amazing! We went back to the area where we went when we were kids. But you can google Maine rentals and find lots of nice areas.

We use Kinney rentals for the area we stay in. :D Sooo looking forward to our 2 weeks in Maine!

Heres one link for entire state.. all rentals by owner.. just start browsing!

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Maine.htm?gclid=COXD-YabhaICFYNd5QodrkLLDg