Menu

NBC cancels Law & Order!!!

Just read it on USAtoday.com. WAHHH!!!! Next fall was going to be its record-breaking 21st year! The other L&Os were renewed, and there's a new L&O: Los Angeles in development.

Last broadcast will be May 24th.

I get confused between all the different L & O types. Which one is this? If you can mention some actors I may figure it out. I hope it's not the original, I always liked that one.

My sister (a huge fan) will be holding a wake/funeral. Thank goodness the reruns will continue on and she will not have to go through withdraw:lol:.

I am a little sad that such a great show is being canceled (I don't like the Special Victims edition or the new Criminal Intent on USA).

It's the original.

Yup, there's only one "Law & Order." The others are "Law & Order-plus Something," like "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," or "Law & Order-Criminal Intent."

It wasn't the same after Sam became DA and that new guy became Assistant DA.:glare:

:sad: Very sad. I guess it had to end sometime. I have a hard time believing that the numbers were suffering! There was a very funny article, I tried to find it online but didn't. It analyzed why so many women were dedicated to the Law and Order series. I'll look some more and link the article.

http://www.slate.com/id/2073983 Here it is!

Edited by Cammie

Hallelujah! I'm *sick* of Law and Order (and its spin-offs). Sometimes there's 5 or 6 stations here running L&O stuff at the same time.

Find another concept already!

(My apologies and condolences to those of you who like the show...)

Dh and I have been watching since the beginning, loved that theme music! We also watch SVU but never got into CI. That said, it's been pretty lame the last few years -- we still like the actors but the heavy message and telegraphing the bad guys had to effect their ratings. It got redundant and wearisome.

But it's been great fun. Really liked when Jerry Orbach, Jill Hennessey and Carey Lowell were on, when "Adam Schiff" and Fred Thompson growled around. More recently, missing Sam Waterson and Jesse Martin.

Hallelujah! I'm *sick* of Law and Order (and its spin-offs). Sometimes there's 5 or 6 stations here running L&O stuff at the same time.

:iagree: You'd think someone could come up with something other than police procedurals over and over again. :rolleyes:

I haven't watched it in several years because I got tired of all the crime drama shows. They seemed to be the same, time after time, and it just got old.

I now prefer Castle or another show that has a bit of humor in it. Castle is soooo very unrealistic but it has its moments and at least the ideas are original.

LOL! That's my dream day! No kids and tons of different L&O choices to watch! :lol: (minus CI!!)