Menu

What is the final decision?

Blue Hen

We've had the "College Acceptances and/or Scholarship" thread, and the "College List" thread so I thought it would be fun to hear where our kids have decided to head and how they arrived at their decision.

Today DS asked me to register him with the University of Delaware. Deposit was made. It wasn't his first choice but when he looked at the cost of attending the local school -- and the large merit scholarship -- verses going anywhere else the decision was made. We drove over to UD and walked the campus-a first for DH. Lovely place, DS seems quite happy too :) He's now looking over courses and trying to figure out how he might do a dual major: Chemical Engineering and Quantitative Biology.

Carole

Congratulations to you and your son. Another step in the homeschool journey is complete. Best wishes to all of you on a wonderful summer and smooth transition for your son to college!

To everyone still deciding -- may you and your children find peace in the decision making process.

Brenda

To everyone still deciding -- may you and your children find peace in the decision making process.

Brenda, that thought is much needed, and therefore much appreciated here.

If anyone wants to hear my two-paragraph vent and pray for us, they can PM me. I don't want it to be public, nor do I want to inflict it on those who wouldn't really pray with us.

Wonderful! Congratulations!

He's now looking over courses and trying to figure out how he might do a dual major: Chemical Engineering and Quantitative Biology.

Carole

May I just say that this cracked me up? Every once in a while I read here what other people's children are doing and I inwardly gasp and am grateful that my childrens' interests do not run in these areas where I am absolutely inept. (Just today I was working with my youngest on some math, and made an error. He said, "Mom. Given your problems with multiplication, it's really amazing you made it through college. Good job.") So when I say congratulations, I say it with awe and sincerity!

My son is getting nervous. He's a guy who likes to know the plan, and we still don't have enough information yet to make a decision. He was accepted to his first choice school, but unfortunately, they've changed their policy about tuition exchange. My husband and I work at a university, and have been counting on the tuition exchange part of our "excellent benefits package," since we've sacrificed oodles of income precisely for that package. So the school that my son wants to attend has decided to give tuition remission for the students' junior and senior years only. That's like saying, "We'll give you the tools to cross the Grand Canyon. But they're on the other side of the canyon. Go get them." We haven't heard yet what their need-based financial aid will be, either. So more and more waiting.

My son's also been accepted to Knox College, and they did offer 95% tuition remission. We'd have to pay only about $2,000 tuition + room and board. Not a bad deal at all! But the music program is not as strong there as it is at his first choice, and he's never seen the place. So in a few weeks, at the 11th hour, we may be visiting Knox and College of Wooster (if they come through with tuition exchange -- still haven't heard their decision on tuition exchange, either).

Seems like y'all have had the college thing in the bag for ages, and we're constantly lagging behind. But it's exciting to hear that plans are falling into place.

Edited by Nicole M

Brenda, that thought is much needed, and therefore much appreciated here.

If anyone wants to hear my two-paragraph vent and pray for us, they can PM me. I don't want it to be public, nor do I want to inflict it on those who wouldn't really pray with us.

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry.

My son has firmly decided to go to Covenant College (GA) double majoring in Community Development and Business. He wants to be a Christian microfinance manager overseas, and it simply is the best school for that considering both academics and the specific program/department. He's already had a potential future employer tell him to remember them when he's looking to do his internship in a couple of years.

Fortunately, Covenant came through with enough financial aid for it to be affordable as we were thinking he'd have to go with his second choice due to finances. He's still trying for a couple more outside scholarships.

Congratulations to ALL and I hope everyone enjoys their choice. :)

Edited by creekland

Today DS asked me to register him with the University of Delaware. Carole

Carole, I was having a pity party last night and wasn't very good company. (Slightly ashamed of myself....) This morning I wanted to check back in and congratulate you and ds on his choice. You all have been such an inspiration over the last few years, and I'm so happy that he has made a great decision that is right for him.

Wishing him the very best, and happy for your family that he'll still be close. :hurray:

Seems like y'all have had the college thing in the bag for ages, and we're constantly lagging behind. But it's exciting to hear that plans are falling into place.

Hi Nicole,

I just wanted to tell you that two of dd's school choices did the same "Grand Canyon" manuever you described. Not the same tuition match scenario, but something equally frustrating.

Don't feel bad about your timing. There are many reasons why kids and schools haven't got it "in the bag" yet. The majority of them are just part of the process, which can be lengthy, especially for art, performance and music students, for whom there is always another layer of auditions, as you know.

Congrats to him for his acceptances, and best wishes on the picking and choosing! :)

Congratulations Carole!

Oh ((((Valerie)))) I will TRULY pray for you all. I have been following your posts. I'm sorry you can't just *let it all hang out*, but I DO think you are wise to not post publicly. If you need to vent, feel free to PM me anytime...but know that whether you do or not, you are thought of and prayed for.

My dd has made the decision for Belhaven University. It is a perfect fit program for Collaborative Piano and Pedagogy, although after her audition and a couple of lessons, the Dept. Head told her that she had a performer lurking there and she could be a virtuoso if she set her mind to it. She was very encouraged and I am excited for her. I think that over the next four years, she will go a long way to become the best pianist *she* can be. :) She already knows her roommate. They met on the campus tour and actually live 15 minutes from each other *now*! They've been getting together and getting to know each other. Also, a long time friend has decided to transfer down as well. I'm happy she will make new friends, but also have a couple that she already *belongs* with. :)

Not in a position to announce yet but an interesting twist occurred in the process. He was waiting to hear from School #6 which sends out acceptances around April 1. By the time April 1 had rolled around, he essentially eliminated School #6 from his list. Hmmm...

He has whittled the list to three schools, one of which he is visiting for the first time next week. It is at a geographical distance and is literally the school that went from dark horse contender to strong suitor initially via propaganda and then through many personal touches.

So we shall see.

I hope by the end of next week we can make an announcement.

Biting nails with many of you,

Jane

Guest Katia

Congrats to all who have decided and well-wishes and prayers to those still in-process.

Dd only applied to two colleges: #1 called her on the phone to let her know of her acceptance! That was thrilling, and they called less than a week after receiving her application. They offered her a 1/2 tuition scholarship based on ACT scores, and a $3,000 music scholarship. Now, I'd like to see what the govt has to say.........(grants?)

#2 we just, FINALLY, heard from two days ago. By mail. It was an acceptance letter!! She was thrilled as she was told in her interview that since the Early Decision applications were all so good and they accepted so many of them, that they were only accepting 20% of the regular applicants (which dd was among). They have said nothing about scholarships, but I'm sure her ACT scores should merit her something, and she also did a music audition with these folks as well....

Sigh. If they would just send all of the financial information, it would make the decision a bit easier....perhaps! It does make me feel funny that so many of your kids here have had their decisions made for such a long time and that we are still In-Process. I'd like it all to be settled and all to be happy and satisfied. Hopefully I can up-date this post before May 1, which is when all decisions need to be finalized.

I am SO thankful for a place to go and discuss this....vent.....read about others that are also in the process. It helps so incredibly. And I'm so excited for each of your kids as they make their decisions!

A hearty congratulations to everyone whose children have made their final decisions! May many blessings follow them on their new journeys!

Also, I'm praying here for all who are still making decisions and negotiating financial aid. I've followed everyone's stories all year long, and it's surprising how invested I've become in your kids. I want to hear good news from all:001_smile:.

We're preparing for three trips during April to the admit weekends at my dd's top choice colleges. I doubt we'll have much to report on final decisions before the last week of April.

~Kathy

Congrats to all who have decided and well-wishes and prayers to those still in-process.

Dd only applied to two colleges: #1 called her on the phone to let her know of her acceptance! That was thrilling, and they called less than a week after receiving her application. They offered her a 1/2 tuition scholarship based on ACT scores, and a $3,000 music scholarship. Now, I'd like to see what the govt has to say.........(grants?)

#2 we just, FINALLY, heard from two days ago. By mail. It was an acceptance letter!! She was thrilled as she was told in her interview that since the Early Decision applications were all so good and they accepted so many of them, that they were only accepting 20% of the regular applicants (which dd was among). They have said nothing about scholarships, but I'm sure her ACT scores should merit her something, and she also did a music audition with these folks as well....

Sigh. If they would just send all of the financial information, it would make the decision a bit easier....perhaps! It does make me feel funny that so many of your kids here have had their decisions made for such a long time and that we are still In-Process. I'd like it all to be settled and all to be happy and satisfied. Hopefully I can up-date this post before May 1, which is when all decisions need to be finalized.

I am SO thankful for a place to go and discuss this....vent.....read about others that are also in the process. It helps so incredibly. And I'm so excited for each of your kids as they make their decisions!

Ditto, on all the financial information. I feel like I am playing car dealers against each other for a new car.

I am not the type to call a college and say hey she got accepted here, what ya got, anything better. But, if she wants to go there, whats to lose.

I am in a whirlwind too. Received all but one acceptance and they are all 50 percent and money is a huge isssue.

Prayers for all of you and especially Valerie.

DS has decided on Valparaiso University majoring in Computer Science and considering a double major or a minor or two. He put down his deposit this morning. He was awarded the Director's Scholarship.

Mid-March, he started talking how he was more that just a techie/math guy. I did a lot of listening and very little talking... because I already knew that. The college search really did open up the self discovery for him and the analysis of the financial pkgs really brought the reality home. Why pay more for what you really don't want? How did he get so level headed?! haha

Still praying for all the others making college decisions this year,

Susie

• 2 weeks later...

DS has decided to go with Augustana College in Rock Island, IL - they have a strong Biology dept., all small classes taught by professors, generous aid package (comes in several thousand below our EFC!!! - only Minnesota would have been cheaper BUT 50,000 students vs. 2,600...) and he got into the science Honors track. He will be a big fish in a small pool (vs. a guppy at Minnesota).

He had applied to 11 schools - accepted at 9 (!!) all with merit scholarships, etc. He applied as History or Undecided listed as his initial major... once he decided Biology was the major, that ruled out a couple schools. Cost, even with scholarships, ruled out a few more. It came down to three schools - Gettysburg was about the same cost* as Augustana....but we ran out of time and money to visit, and ds just decided the Augies wanted him more (Augustana has done everything short of showing up here to place a chocolate on ds's pillow and serenade him!!!)

I am sending in the deposit today.

Now... my rising JR is talking about road trips to see colleges.....aaarrgh!

* after a HUGE aid package - over $35,000 a year (school costs about $52,000 all inclusive).

Edited by JFSinIL

DS has decided to go with Augustana College in Rock Island, IL

:hurray:

(Augustana has done everything short of showing up here to place a chocolate on ds's pillow and serenade him!!!)

Love it! Maybe he'll get some under his dorm pillow!

Congratulations! And I see he's not too far from home. Yessss!

Lisa

:hurray:

Love it! Maybe he'll get some under his dorm pillow!

Congratulations! And I see he's not too far from home. Yessss!

Lisa

After emailing Il. Wesleyan the news that he was going to Aug., the admissions person who has been working with John called in a PANIC last night to find out why - she said she will storm over to Fin. Aid and will call John back tonight. She wanted to know the entire Aug. offer - this could get interesting. John is caught between two school that are real RIVALS for the same caliber of local kids.

UPDATE - ds decided to stick with Augustana. Go Augies!!!!

Edited by JFSinIL

Today ds received his acceptance letter to the Honors Program at Liberty University. That was what we were waiting for! His total scholarship package plus the VTAG (VA tuition assistance grant) is 100%+ of tuition!

School he turned down: Valley Forge Christian College, full tuition; Christopher Newport University, Honors Program and President's Leadership Program, only $2000 scholarship; James Madison University, ~20% admission rate, Honors Program.

So glad the decision is made!

Cheryl - Our older son went to Liberty and a younger son is considering it. Wish we could get that Virginia scholarship grant- we're not from Virginia though and our state doesn't have anything comparable. Anyway, I hope he loves Liberty. I'm happy he got such a great financial package!

I'm so jealous, y'all! And impressed.

We're making an emergency trip next weekend out east to visit a school that really wasn't even on my radar as a viable choice, but one my son really wanted to apply to. Boy, I'm glad he did. Fantastic financial aid offer from them (tuition remission through the National Tuition Exchange program). It's just very far away, and not near any airports, so hard to get to. This will be an expensive trip, but money well spent, whether he loves the place or hates it.

Golly I want this all to be done and decided!

We're making an emergency trip next weekend out east to visit a school that really wasn't even on my radar as a viable choice, but one my son really wanted to apply to. Boy, I'm glad he did. Fantastic financial aid offer from them (tuition remission through the National Tuition Exchange program). It's just very far away, and not near any airports, so hard to get to. This will be an expensive trip, but money well spent, whether he loves the place or hates it.

Curious minds are dying to know... what school??? Hope you have a good trip!

Guest Katia

Dd has decided!!! Finally....but we all really knew all along which was the best 'fit' for her.

She visited several colleges last summer and whittled it down to two which really interested her and applied to those two.

Both accepted her, and both colleges awarded her a $3,000 piano scholarship!!!

However, there the similarity ends in regards to the financial aid. One offers nothing else, and expects her to get private loans.....to the tune of $30,000 per year! Right. When her sister was accepted there two years ago, this dd's ACT scores would have earned her either a 1/2 tuition scholarship or a full scholarship....but each year they change the stats, and for *this* year......she doesn't qualify. :glare: Stinks. I don't think it's either right or fair that a college would change it's scholarship qualifications in the middle of the application process.

However, the other college has offered an $8,000 academic scholarship, and along with the $3,000 piano scholarship......this is WOW. We are still waiting to see what kind of Pell Grants, etc. she might qualify for from the govt, but as it stands with just these scholarships, she would owe less after four years of college from this college than she would after one year at the other.

Luckily, she had already decided that this University was the place for her. We wanted her to decide before we received any financial offers so that money wasn't the deciding factor. (ha!) She just 'felt' right there, she loved the professors and the teachers and she especially liked the diversity of the students on campus.

So, dd is headed to the sunny state of Florida in the fall!!! I'm SO glad this decision is over and we can move on. :001_smile:

Congrats to all others who have decided! I love reading to see where everyone's dc have been accepted.

Edited by Katia

I just want to send a hearty congratulations to all of you (and your dc, of course!). It's so encouraging to read about your much deserved success after navigating the difficult college application/admissions process. Though I don't post much, I have learned so much by reading all of your posts on this particular sub-board over the past months.

I am just beginning this process with my rising junior (researching colleges, admission requirements, etc). You've paved the way for those of us who are following. For that, I just wanted to say thank you, and again...many congrats!

:party:

Erika

Our dd is going to George Fox University in OR to major in cinema/media communication and probably also in English. Gratefully, this was her first choice and the best financial aid package. She received academic and departmental scholarships, as well as some need-based aid. She also applied and was accepted to Northwest Nazarene (ID) and Taylor (IN) Universities. It has been a long process and a lot of work, but we are pleased for her and she is excited about the next chapter in her life.

At long last, all the college acceptances are in and ds has made his decision! He’ll be attending Carnegie Mellon in the fall—majoring in computer science (possibly with an emphasis in electrical and computer engineering).

He also got accepted at Cornell (a very nice surprise) and the University of Minnesota—Twin Cities (Honors Program.) But Carnegie has been ds’s top choice for quite some time. It came down to CMU or the U of M, which was difficult choice because the U of M is close (only 1 ½ hrs away), and offered quite a few perks through the Honors Program as well as a couple of very nice scholarships. CMU is far (15 hrs away) and no financial aid for us (eek), but… it’s really a much better fit for ds. For what he wants to do academically (robotics), it’s the place to be, and he loves the smaller campus, quieter setting—even though it’s in Pittsburgh, and the smaller school size (the U of M is a very nice school, but huge—50,000 students, middle of downtown Minneapolis.)

Many, many thanks to Kareni for sharing her counselor letter and course descriptions with me. They were a great inspiration and springboard. Both Carnegie and Cornell are schools that ask for lots of homeschool documentation—I guess ours was okay!

And many thanks to Kathy in Richmond, Brenda in MA and others who gave me input last year when we were planning to visit these and other colleges. You were all so helpful!

I’m watching with excitement as everyone’s dc make their decisions! Congrats to all!

Wow, CMU for computer science is marvelous. He's going to love that program! We toured the robotics labs there when my son was thinking about it and were very impressed. For that branch of CS, it can't be beat. One of my neighbors just graduated last year from SCS and he was extremely pleased with CMU both academically and socially. And I have fond memories of my time in Pittsburgh at CMU...such a nice community. Good luck to him!!

~Kathy (whose own dd is STILL undecided:))

At long last, all the college acceptances are in and ds has made his decision! He’ll be attending Carnegie Mellon in the fall—majoring in computer science (possibly with an emphasis in electrical and computer engineering).

He also got accepted at Cornell (a very nice surprise) and the University of Minnesota—Twin Cities (Honors Program.) But Carnegie has been ds’s top choice for quite some time. It came down to CMU or the U of M, which was difficult choice because the U of M is close (only 1 ½ hrs away), and offered quite a few perks through the Honors Program as well as a couple of very nice scholarships. CMU is far (15 hrs away) and no financial aid for us (eek), but… it’s really a much better fit for ds. For what he wants to do academically (robotics), it’s the place to be, and he loves the smaller campus, quieter setting—even though it’s in Pittsburgh, and the smaller school size (the U of M is a very nice school, but huge—50,000 students, middle of downtown Minneapolis.)

Many, many thanks to Kareni for sharing her counselor letter and course descriptions with me. They were a great inspiration and springboard. Both Carnegie and Cornell are schools that ask for lots of homeschool documentation—I guess ours was okay!

And many thanks to Kathy in Richmond, Brenda in MA and others who gave me input last year when we were planning to visit these and other colleges. You were all so helpful!

I’m watching with excitement as everyone’s dc make their decisions! Congrats to all!

Send congratulations to your son for acceptance into a terrific program. And a pat on the back to you! I also echo the thanks you send to Kareni and the other terrific parents on this board.

~Kathy (whose own dd is STILL undecided:))

In your club, Kathy. But I think the Dear Boy is down to two...

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

She decided two weeks ago, but I’ve been giving her time to personally thank the other colleges and let them know her decision in an appropriate and gracious manner before I posted. (Thank you notes – check!)

Here’s what it finally came down to:

· School #1 - 60% tuition honors scholarship; not their highest award. This was my favorite college in terms of a personal match, but it would have been too much debt for her.

· School #2 - full tuition honors scholarship; their highest award; 5 awarded.

· School #3 - "full-ride + " honors scholarship with enough $ to allow students to study abroad or avail themselves of other “significant educational opportunities which are not available to most students.” 5 or 6 awarded; their highest award.

Both #2 and #3 were new scholarships offered for the first time this year (#2) or last year (#3) – amazing timing for her!!

I wanted to keep this post fairly condensed, but I have written it all up in detail for our “God Things” document, where we keep records of the mighty things God has done in our lives over the years. (It’s a lot more convenient than placing piles of rocks as a memorial. ;) ) If anyone would like to read the testimony, they are welcome to PM me. The key thing is that although she is a great student and has worked very diligently, in each case there were very clear markers that it was God’s hand giving her obvious connections with the interviewers and opening doors for her. I kid you not, from a human standpoint each one of these seemed impossible, yet we saw the "unreachable" happen time and time again! Soli Deo Gloria!

Deciding between school #2 and #3 was just awful for her. Each would have been a fantastic choice, but the two options were radically different from each other. Closing either door meant giving up a huge opportunity…that's an awful lot of angst for a 17 yo, but she needed to own the decision.

She decided to go to Hardin-Simmons in Abilene, TX. She’s going to see how far she can go with a double major in art and ministry. I’ve often thought of Abilene as a small city out in the boonies, and it is, but it’s a small city with a vibrant arts scene and four universities. Although the school isn’t Tier 1, that wasn’t our goal. They have a great art program (aside from Belhaven, it's the only art building built expressly *for* art instruction among all the colleges she considered, so it’s *wonderfully functional*). HSU shares the campus with a small seminary, so the ministry faculty is a cut above, as well. All in all, it’s a great fit for her!

We went to fall registration last Friday, and while we were there we met her new roomate, E, who homeschooled in middle school, plays the same instrument, and also is passionate about service/missions. (Speechless with joy...) They are going to have a ball together! I'm thrilled for both of them!

Edited to add: our heartfelt thanks to those who have been praying for dh, dd, and I over the last couple of weeks! It was a very tough couple of weeks as dd wrestled with her decision. Brenda, Jane, MSPolly, Nicole, and FloridaLisa, thanks so much for walking this road with us and being a kind voice along the way! I had asked for prayer for dd to find a summer job, but someone else posted the same thing this morning for their student, so I'll edit this to ask for prayer to cover all our kids who need jobs!

Thanks for listening!

Edited by Valerie(TX)

[ I kid you not, from a human standpoint each one of these seemed impossible, yet we saw the "unreachable" happen time and time again! Soli Deo Gloria!

She decided to go to Hardin-Simmons in Abilene, TX. She’s going to see how far she can go with a double major in art and ministry. . . . All in all, it’s a great fit for her!

:party:

Valerie, a hearty congratulations to you and dd! It's so neat to be able to experience *virtually* all of the fruit from many years of hard work and to hear how God's plan fell together for her.

Have a great weekend,

Lisa

My son's also been accepted to Knox College, and they did offer 95% tuition remission. We'd have to pay only about $2,000 tuition + room and board. Not a bad deal at all! But the music program is not as strong there as it is at his first choice, and he's never seen the place. So in a few weeks, at the 11th hour, we may be visiting Knox and College of Wooster (if they come through with tuition exchange -- still haven't heard their decision on tuition exchange, either).

I live by Knox. If you come for a visit please let me know. I used to work there and know a lot of the faculty and staff. If you have any questions I can try to answer them for you.

Congratulations Valerie and dd on Hardin-Simmons! And a full tuition honors scholarship, too! And a great roommate match! It sounds like she has made a happy, smart decision. I truly believe that God does open the right doors for us:).

Good luck to your daughter as she begins her new journey!

~Kathy

(whose dd has decided, but, like Valerie's dd, has asked me to delay the announcement till she has told her friends and mentors first)

And prayers and good wishes to everyone still in the college decision or financial aid process, and to all the kids looking for summer work.

~Kathy (whose dd has decided, but, like Valerie's dd, has asked me to delay the announcement till she has told her friends and mentors first)

Kathy, I want you to know that we've been "watching" as you've touched base here periodically, and we can't wait to hear what your dd decided! What a lovely number of options she has! Congrats to you both.

One of my dd's classmates at church (partially homeschooled, and truly bright!) is going to Texas A&M for aerospace engineering, but she has more of a project management interest than a pure maths interest like your dd. She was so excited to hear what you all had accomplished!

And prayers and good wishes to everyone still in the college decision or financial aid process, and to all the kids looking for summer work. Thanks!

Congratulations to everyone! Good news just keeps rolling in!

Unbelievable how fast time is moving!

What is the next step for you all? When is orientation? any roomate news? anything over the summer?

We're done, all except the 'showing up' part. :) Any the paying part. And the summer job...

And the decision is...The College of Wooster.

This school was placed on our radar by a family friend whose daughter attended. Gwen in VA had mentioned it in passing so I asked her about the school on these forums. She wrote:

We were impressed by the College of Wooster --

1) All of the seniors have to do a senior project -- two semesters, not just one. They work on preparing the student to do original research his/her senior year very seriously. Juniors do a mini-project, and profs take their role in the preparation very seriously -- classes are taught with this in mind.

2) Thinking outside the box seems to be valued. Creativity is a priority on campus. I don't mean artsy creativity necessarily, but just plain creative thought.

3) The majors and the profs seemed quite flexible. A student can create his own major. The senior project can be interdisciplinary.

3) Most of the dorms have a living room with a grand piano in it. The students we talked to said that the pianos were played on a random but regular basis. (not for practicing) I thought that spoke well of the students and the college's priorities.

4) Most admissions counselors seem to mention a sample successful grad in their admissions talk. Duke's example was a fellow who made his first million by age 26. At Wooster the example was of a alum who worked in the humanitarian arena. I forget the details, but it was a small-scale 3 Cups of Tea type of success. I was impressed that Wooster's example alum was not an alum who had gained fame and fortune but one who had made a distinctly positive impact on the people of the world.

So I took notice. The interdisciplinary nature of the senior project seems more the rule than the exception. The number of international programs with which the college is affiliated (hence merit aid will transfer) is impressive. But it was not love at first sight for my son. Not that he found anything wrong with the campus, but he was not sure...until he started visiting more schools while they were in session.

Admittedly, other schools had their merits, hence the drama lingered. But ultimately he realized that the independent work that is promoted at Wooster is exactly what he has been doing at home and wants to continue to do. And he says they had the best food of any school he visited. (Now you know what motivates my kid!) Or was it the late night euchre games that ultimately sold him? Or the possibility of bagpipe lessons?!?!?

We were very pleased by the merit aid offered by Wooster and the general assistance offered by the admissions people. My son plans on majoring in archaeology (an unusual major that is not offered by many colleges).

He is now focusing on AP exams and finding summer employment.

What a wild ride we have had this year!

Jane

I though I already posted decision, but maybe not. This college thing is like being a chicken w/your head cut off. Literally.

The decision is Chatham. Based on scholarships and they have a wonderful Creative Writing program, which is what dd wants to major in. She can finish in five years if picked for it .

Next hurdle is they asked for her to apply for their Scholars Program, now to put together portfolio.

I cant wait til September, mabye I can get off the roller coaster ride than.