Menu

Tell me the truth, do Lands End's children's clothing hold up?

I LOVE Land's End clothes for kids but I refrain because of the cost. I've never been disappointed by anything I've bought for the kids. Occasionally I get the sizes wrong but that's a problem we can wait out.

Here is my deal. My dd is the WORST with clothes. She's a beast - holes, tears, glue, marker, glitter, mud, grass, mysterious dark patches, blood, dog barf, and so on. I am so AFRAID to buy her clothes from Land's End. I don't want to have a break down if and when she spoils something. The problem is the cheap stuff from Old Navy and Wal-Mart fall apart instantly. The Wal-Mart jeans immediately have holes in the knees and the Old Navy shirt are instantly stained. I rarely give her clothes to the Goodwill or Salvation Army because they are crap by the time my dd is done with them.

Oddly enough, her Land's End stuff doesn't have any stains that I can recall. But maybe that's because I set them aside for church or indoor days only. The only thing that is now falling apart is a pair of leggings that is sporting a hole in the knee.

We've found them to hold up wonderfully. Have you checked out their Overstock section? That's where I buy all of our clothes after checking the thrift stores. They can be really inexpensive. I bought dd a bathing suit there last year for $4.99.

Many of these clothes have been through three boys and were passed along to my sister and her two boys. So, I'd say they last!!

They hold up very well, and the end of season sales are very economical. My one caveat would be that the elastic laces they use in some of their shoes make me crabby. They didn't hold up to our puppy's chewing stage, and while I was eventually sent free replacements, the CS rep wasn't informed enough about their existence, so it took a while for her to track down what I needed.

Land's End clothes are a very worthwhile secondhand purchase, as well. Look for coats and boots.

They hold up very well, and the end of season sales are very economical.

Yes. In my experience, they do hold up well.

My youngest is in a decent-condition LE parka that was purchased for his now 16 y.o. sister. It has held up through both girls and his two very rough-and-tumble brothers with only some discoloration around the bottom left by years of use by those who must sit on the ground.

The jeans seem to hold up well too (girls' jeans went through my two girls and their two cousins), and are often available for reasonable prices in the Overstock section.

Cat

If you have a Sears near you, they have the Kidvantage program with the wear-out guarantee. If your kid tears or rips clothing before it is outgrown they will replace it for free. The trick with the Lands' End is you have to keep your receipt to prove you bought it there, but it might be worth it if she tears up a new pair of jeans a month after you've bought them you can have them replaced and know not to go to the extra cost next time.

Best brand I have bought for children ! They even have "double-kneed" pants for boys.

The "large" fit is deliberate to allow for shrinking in the dryer. (Their catalogues often so state.)

Unless the child attacks the garments with scissors, they will hold up for 3 successive children, at least.

I can only speak to the quality of Land's End at the Sears near me: Exactly the same.

My dd is very hard on her clothes and the Land's End stuff has held up really well. I tend to purchase off their overstock page and clearance sales. They are the only bathing suits I buy for my dd.

And the other thing Sears will do, if they don't have what you want in the store you can order it online at the store and it will be shipped for free.

Sears and Lands' End are the same company (Sears owns Lands' End). So, technically, Sears isn't a middleman. They don't mark up the prices, or sell different quality clothing.

Interesting factoid ! I don't keep up with corporate buy-outs, so did not know this. Thanks ! I figured that Sears, for whatever unknown reasons, had struck a deal with Lands' End to sell portions of the complete line-up.

I just had a discussion about this very topic on Saturday with the LE sales associate at my local Sears. My ds could blow the knees out on a suit of armor, so Lands End is no match for him. She said all I need to do is bring the pants in and pick out a replacement pair. They use the information from the new pair to do a warranty exchange. No receipt necessary. She said it's a lifetime guarantee--period.

I'm planning on bringing in a few things next month, so I'll let everyone know if it goes as smoothly as she described.

I don't like their prices either, and only pay full price for very special items. Usually, I shop the overstocks for next year. If I really like something, I'll buy it in several sizes, so poor dc ends up wearing the exact same outfit for two or three years. :) Or, I buy one in several colors. We get a quality wardrobe at the fraction of the cost. They really do last. I don't think my kids have ever worn out a LE item.

They do size large, though. In a way, this is good because dc can actually wear it the whole season without them shrinking up, getting stiff, wearing out, or getting outgrown.

Oh, and their clothes are "Guaranteed, Period". If you are unhappy for any reason, at any time, just return the item for a refund (no questions asked). Just save your receipts.

I wanted to throw in my second, though, for Sears Kidvantage program. They will replace any kids' clothing item (with an equivalent of the same size) if it is worn-out before it is outgrown. Again, save your receipts.

I just had a discussion about this very topic on Saturday with the LE sales associate at my local Sears. My ds could blow the knees out on a suit of armor, so Lands End is no match for him. She said all I need to do is bring the pants in and pick out a replacement pair. They use the information from the new pair to do a warranty exchange. No receipt necessary. She said it's a lifetime guarantee--period.

I'm planning on bringing in a few things next month, so I'll let everyone know if it goes as smoothly as she described.

Oh my. Yes. :lol:

Let us know how it goes.

I have been buying Lands End for 13 years. I think there stuff is indestructible.

And if you have any problem with anything (even after years) you can send it back and they will replace or give you a credit.

They have amazing sales every December. If you have a Sears store with a Lands End you can see a good amount of their stuff. My Sears seems to have their stuff on sale even before the catalog does.

I don't buy Lands End at Sears, but I do buy Lees & Levis for my boys at Sears.

They wear a hole in them, I take them in with the receipt, grab an identical (or similar if they're out of identical) pair, take them to the register, tell the cashier they're under Kidvantage, sometimes show my receipt, wait for the cashier to push a few buttons, and walk out with a new pair of replacement jeans. The whole thing, from parking to leaving the store, takes 12 minutes, tops. I've got one boy who went through six pair of jeans in one year and never had a problem. I started going there last year, and have used the Kidvantage program more times than I can count, and it has always gone smoothly.