Menu

Where In The World Are You?

Guest mrs. logic

Phew! So, I actually pulled that off ?! :lol:

Just so everyone knows: I got to meet Rosie!! And she's as cool IRL as she is online.

Awesome!! I'd love to meet Rosie IRL. :) I keep telling her I'd love to call her one the phone sometime, but she keeps putting me off. :glare: I think I like her more than she likes me. ;) :D:tongue_smilie:

In sunny, COLD (negative 10 today) southeastern South Dakota (an hour from where Laura Ingalls spent The Long Winter).

Wow. Do you all really get blizzards like that that come up so suddenly? I read that book and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I couldn't imagine anything like that. Amazing.

Wow. Do you all really get blizzards like that that come up so suddenly? I read that book and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I couldn't imagine anything like that. Amazing.

We've had 3 read deal blizzards this year and 2 ground blizzards. We have so much warning now with NOAA that we see a blizzard coming a day away so I'm not really sure. My dh is a science geek so NOAA is a home page here :001_smile:. A lot of people have told us that the winter's are getting milder. Folks who grew up here say they used to sled off of their barn roofs regularly as children, and we've only had 2 winters including this one (in 6 years) where we've had so much snow. But we did hear about a winter about 10-12 years ago where they actually called out the National Guard and basically had tunnels for roads. During the second blizzard this year is was an auto $5K fine if you called 911 cause you were out and stranded.

We've had 3 read deal blizzards this year and 2 ground blizzards. We have so much warning now with NOAA that we see a blizzard coming a day away so I'm not really sure. My dh is a science geek so NOAA is a home page here :001_smile:. A lot of people have told us that the winter's are getting milder. Folks who grew up here say they used to sled off of their barn roofs regularly as children, and we've only had 2 winters including this one (in 6 years) where we've had so much snow. But we did hear about a winter about 10-12 years ago where they actually called out the National Guard and basically had tunnels for roads. During the second blizzard this year is was an auto $5K fine if you called 911 cause you were out and stranded.

Wow!! That's unreal. I can't even imagine it. I'm 38 years old and I have yet to see snow in person. sigh.