Menu

So I'm being baptized tonight!

jenL

And I'm SO nervous!!!!

I was raised Catholic and was baptized as a baby, but this is my choice now, and it's full immersion in front of my whole church family (whom I love). I'm just not great at being in front of large groups...

Please pray that I say my little "speech" well! :)

And I'm SO nervous!!!!

I was raised Catholic and was baptized as a baby, but this is my choice now, and it's full immersion in front of my whole church family (whom I love). I'm just not great at being in front of large groups...

Please pray that I say my little "speech" well! :)

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!! :party: :hurray: I wish I could give you a big hug!! :grouphug:

And I'm SO nervous!!!!

I was raised Catholic and was baptized as a baby, but this is my choice now, and it's full immersion in front of my whole church family (whom I love). :)

I was in the same boat about 17 years ago, and it's one of the fondest memories of my life. Many congrats and multiple blessings. :001_smile:

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you everyone! It was the most AMAZING thing!!! I don't feel like I have the right words to explain it.

Dh and I stood together; he spoke first. He's such an introvert, and his speech was incredible. Whenever he mentioned how I helped him in his walk, I was near tears, and then it was my turn to speak. He got into the pool first with his friend/mentor and was baptized. Then, I got into the pool with my dear friend and Dh stayed in, so both of them baptized me! It was just beautiful. Dh came from no religion in his life, and to watch him grow... it's all just so moving... I feel SO GOOD right now!!! I don't know how to explain it... WHOLE/COMPLETE/UTTERLY JOYFUL... it's the best feeling in the world!

Thank you for sharing it with me!

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you everyone! It was the most AMAZING thing!!! I don't feel like I have the right words to explain it.

Dh and I stood together; he spoke first. He's such an introvert, and his speech was incredible. Whenever he mentioned how I helped him in his walk, I was near tears, and then it was my turn to speak. He got into the pool first with his friend/mentor and was baptized. Then, I got into the pool with my dear friend and Dh stayed in, so both of them baptized me! It was just beautiful. Dh came from no religion in his life, and to watch him grow... it's all just so moving... I feel SO GOOD right now!!! I don't know how to explain it... WHOLE/COMPLETE/UTTERLY JOYFUL... it's the best feeling in the world!

Thank you for sharing it with me!

That is so awesome!! I'm SO happy for you. God bless you sister and your family. :) :hurray: :party: :grouphug:

Congratulations!

We do infant baptisms like the Catholics do--we say they are efficacious in the life of the believer, and we do expect a profession of mature faith--so I don't get to see a lot of adult baptisms. I think they are really neat.

I'm so glad you found peace and joy in your journey with God!:D

Congratulations! My youngest son is being baptized next Sunday. I was saved as a child and was not baptized until I was in my mid-twenties. My husband was saved and we were baptized together. In the Baptist church, you don't have to say a speech. I can see how that would make you a little nervous. Just remember, it is all for the Glory of God and He will be right there, holding your hand. How awesome and wonderful!