Menu

Clearance clothes?

Where are your favorite places to find clearance treasures? I'm looking for myself and both kiddos (dh just had a birthday, so he's all set!:001_smile:) I had some awesome finds at Lands End, but by the time I clicked "pay" everything was sold out. :glare: I was hitting thrift stores for a while, but I've seen some great clearance finds lately that are way less than thrift store prices. I have no preferance between online or brick and mortar stores. Thanks! :D

I check the racks at Target frequently. I won't buy something unless it is 50% off, unless it is something that we just LOVE and don't want to risk it being sold out later. Generally, if it makes it to clearance it will still be there two weeks later when they've marked the price down even lower.

In the past, I've found good clearance deals at both Old Navy and Kohls. I think when one of the little boys was young, I found a tank top on clearance at Old Navy for like 75 cents or something. Other than that, I really like the thrift stores by us. I can usually find some good quality name brand clothes there for a decent price. But I know what you mean, I have seen things at the trift store that seem over priced for used clothes. It's a bit hit or miss.

Walmart ~ they often put the kids clothes on *really* cheap. I just saw jeans there the other day for $3! :) [they were originally something like $25]

There's a store here called "Please Mum" that has really good clearance sales sometimes, but I don't if they're everywhere or what.

Where are your favorite places to find clearance treasures? I'm looking for myself and both kiddos (dh just had a birthday, so he's all set!:001_smile:) I had some awesome finds at Lands End, but by the time I clicked "pay" everything was sold out. :glare: I was hitting thrift stores for a while, but I've seen some great clearance finds lately that are way less than thrift store prices. I have no preferance between online or brick and mortar stores. Thanks! :D

That irratates me to no end. If the item is sold out then remove it from the site. Why makes you go through the whole ordeal of picking the right size and color and so on only to get to the end to have them tell you that it is out of stock. Several times over the holiday, I order stuff and they never even left me know it was out of stock. They just didn't send the item. Good reputable companies to. :glare:

Carters, Gap and Gymboree here. I am not partial to them for brand name sake... it is that the clothes look great after the kid is done and can be passed down, and that they actually fit my kids. I have not had luck with old navy & target clothes fitting my kids and 1/2 of them look bad after 1 kid too. I hit the clearance when they have 20-25% of the already clearanced price. I can easily land shirts for $2-4 at Gap and Carters. At Gymboree it is usually $4-8, but I only go during the gymbucks time...so it evens out!

For myself, I look for jeans at American Eagle because they are what fits...shirts I will get anywhere if it is cheap. DH is the same...it can come from anywhere.

The Children's Place does some good end-of-season sales at an outlet near me; last year I bought a supply of girls' shirts and pants for about $2 each, for example.

I've found nice things at Macy's. I bought a tunic style top (for me) for $4 or $5, but even better was some end-of-season items for girls including jackets. They don't seem to have much boys' clothes, though. They seem to have 50% off clearance for morning purchases when they have these -- it's worth it.

I have found some good things at Sears ($1 kids' shirts, for example), but I haven't been there recently or found anything much, and nothing cheap.

The JCPenneys near me do some amazing blow out clearance deals. Tons of stuff under $5, regularly.

Kohls isn't bad, but not quite as big of bargains as the others. And I think they play games with lowering and then raising prices on clearance items, which I find weird.

I just got ds1 a bunch of long sleeve shirts at Target for $2.50 each and sweatshirts for $3.

In the past, I gotten great deals from Children's Place outlet stores and from Old Navy when they have their 50% off clearance sales.

I was on the Lands End site the other night and the same thing happened to me. They did have some great deals though.

Marshalls generally has some nice things for around $10 and under for kids and $20 and under for adults.

For myself, I agree with Starr on Ann Taylor during their 40 or 50% off clearance sales. When I used to live around a Macy's, I could usually add a coupon on top of the sale prices and got some great deals.