Menu

Who's from Texas?

My dh is a fan of both teams. He's going to watch the game at the Alamo Drafthouse (movie theater with tables that serves dinner). They're airing the game at no cost. All you have to pay for is what you eat or drink.

He's dressed in a mix of Alabama and Texas gear.

The rest of us staying home and are very glad he's watching the game elsewhere.

I'm a Texan and UT grad, but I hate football, and didn't even know they were playing until I read it here. When my 13 year old son was visiting my sister in Austin, a friend brought him tickets to a game. He said, "No thanks, I'd rather go to Ikea,"

I'm a Texan and UT grad, but I hate football, and didn't even know they were playing until I read it here. When my 13 year old son was visiting my sister in Austin, a friend brought him tickets to a game. He said, "No thanks, I'd rather go to Ikea,"

Amy, when did you graduate? I'm class of '94. :)

(And for the record, I think this whole "School closing due to weather" deal here in central AL is a conspiracy/cover-up for folks who want to watch the game and Par-Ty. A little too convenient, methinks! ;))

:iagree:The school my kids used to go to was NEVER closed due to bad weather and it decided yesterday to be closed today and tomorrow!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! We are going to do some whoomping on your donkeys!!!!

Please do not whoomp on my donkey. He's having enough trouble coping with the 19 degree night as it is. He's wearing his blanket, and I do think he's a little embarrassed about that already. He certainly doesn't need to be whoomped on.

:iagree:The school my kids used to go to was NEVER closed due to bad weather and it decided yesterday to be closed today and tomorrow!!

Schools closed here as well. Today and tomorrow and it's not even snowing, not very cold either. Just three days after the holidays too. Definitely suspicious.