Menu

Have to fire someone tonight and would appreciate your prayers

UPDATE: Thanks for your prayers and hugs. I so appreciate it. While it was not as bad as it really might have been, it did not go well at all. I was calm and rational; she was contained and irrational. I was glad she stayed contained--I expected a spectacular temper tantrum (it's happened before). She is unfortunately well entrenched in some denial and was also dishonest. She threw out some ugly, ridiculous accusations at me to make herself feel better. I ended by telling her how much I care about her (I've known her since she was just a child) and asked her to please remember that I have always, ever wanted only the very best for her. She rolled her eyes at me. I was torn between feeling so sad for her and being angry/incredulous at the rudeness. It will actually be easier for me without her--I can easily get another cleaning lady that won't bring her emotional baggage into my life--I'm just so sad to see her sliding downward. I pray God opens her eyes so she can make herself open to getting the help she needs. Thanks again.

Hi folks,

I have to fire someone over the next hour. This person is emotionally volatile and has no idea that this will happen. She thinks it can be smoothed over.

If she chooses, she can restore her friendship with me. However, she cannot continue working for me. Not only am I done with the drama, unreliability, poor work, and DRAMA--it's really not in HER best interests for anyone to enable her to continue the drama.

I'm unhappy and upset about the whole thing.

This is someone who has struggled a lot--I think she is drinking and engaging in very negative life choices right now. When she was first in my employ she was fresh from an extensive rehab experience and doing soooo well. I've watched her slide in the last several months though and am heartbroken. I've watched this happen with others, and know too well the signs.

Just pray for our discussion tonight.

Thanks.

Edited by strider

UPDATE: Thanks for your prayers and hugs. I so appreciate it. While it was not as bad as it really might have been, it did not go well at all. I was calm and rational; she was contained and irrational. I was glad she stayed contained--I expected a spectacular temper tantrum (it's happened before). She is unfortunately well entrenched in some denial and was also dishonest. She threw out some ugly, ridiculous accusations at me to make herself feel better. I ended by telling her how much I care about her (I've known her since she was just a child) and asked her to please remember that I have always, ever wanted only the very best for her. She rolled her eyes at me. I was torn between feeling so sad for her and being angry/incredulous at the rudeness. It will actually be easier for me without her--I can easily get another cleaning lady that won't bring her emotional baggage into my life--I'm just so sad to see her sliding downward. I pray God opens her eyes so she can make herself open to getting the help she needs. Thanks again.