Menu

OK Fess up. Who got a Snuggie for Christmas?

Did you receive a Snuggie for Christmas?  

1. 1. Did you receive a Snuggie for Christmas?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

after a friend told me that a snuggie was just a bathrobe turned backwards, it somehow lost its appeal! :lol:

Julie

LOL, I sometimes wear mine like a bathrobe. The issue I have is that I am short and the snuggie just swallows me up. I prefer my soft robes as I don't trip on them-LOL. I just use my snuggie when I am laying in my bed reading, playing on computer.

My mom bought my cousins and me all pink snuggies (the breast cancer ones). Then she was bummed that she didn't buy herself one, so two of my cousins surprised her with one the day after Christmas. In my house, we all fight over who gets to wear it. ;) Granted, it's not as thick as I was hoping it would be, but it does help keep one warm, and if it weren't so long, my toes would stick out and get cold. :D

I didn't get one, but my mom got one for all the grandkids. I think I'd prefer my fleecy blanket, which is thicker and I can wrap it all the way around and walk without tripping on it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one my nephews trips over his Snuggie and gives himself a bloody nose or a goose egg on the forehead.

I thought I had a snuggie for just a split second, when I first ripped into the wrapping paper. It was pink fleece and I nodded to myself and thought, "Ah! A snuggie!"

But when I completely unrolled it, (it wasn't in a box) it was a pink footed pajama with bunnies on the feet. Just like the one in A Christmas Story.

My mom sent it to me to be funny. She also sent the receipt so I could exchange it, but I LOVE it!!! It's so warm. I'm keeping it. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

I thought I had a snuggie for just a split second, when I first ripped into the wrapping paper. It was pink fleece and I nodded to myself and thought, "Ah! A snuggie!"

But when I completely unrolled it, (it wasn't in a box) it was a pink footed pajama with bunnies on the feet. Just like the one in A Christmas Story.

My mom sent it to me to be funny. She also sent the receipt so I could exchange it, but I LOVE it!!! It's so warm. I'm keeping it. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

:lol::lol:

Pictures! Pictures!!

Ok, I just watched the ad on the website and had to laugh. It talks about being cold and how the snuggie keeps you comfy and warm, with your hands free so you can snuggle with your baby, who's not in the snuggie. Really! How mean can you be? If you are so cold that you need a snuggie, what about poor baby?

the commercial that cracks me up... it is a bad video job of a real commercial. But I love the guy with his 'woot, woot raise the roof' moves'. LOL

My dh and boys saw the commecials and thought about getting me one. I absolutely did not want one. Every time they mentioned it I said I didn't want one. When dh took the boys out shopping for me I told them they were forbidden to buy me a snuggie. I thought it was dorky, silly, and that I would never use it.

Come Christmas morning I open a snuggie from my mother. Thank goodness all my boys and dh kept a straight face while I thanked her.

I still think it is dorky, silly, and I'll never use it. My mom, who is a talented seamstress, seemed dissappointed that it was just a robe. I'm not sure what she thought it would be. The kids, however, fight over it. Apparently it is good for playing video games and eating popcorn while watching football. I think they just like it because someone always wants to share their blankets but you can't really share a snuggie.

At least my mom went with a tan color. I see it as the basis of a costume of some sort in the future.

She actually meant for me to wear it in public- at the kids' ball games. My stadium blanket is much warmer and more fashionable!

Both dh and I got them from my mom. His is blue, mine is tan. I'm not sure if I like them or not. They look so dorky. Knitted/crocheted blankets are soo much warmer (but without sleeves).

I think I could make a better one than Snuggie does. The fleece seems so think and cheap. The colors we got are horrid.

Okay I bought my own. Yesterday. Had to go to officmax and lo and behold a pink one was staring right at me with a free book light! LOL.

Very warm! And I got tired of freezing at night and being all bound down in blankets, so I bought from Target a Woolrich down Twin comforter. Just for my side as my dh is always hot. Ooohh...I was so very, very warm last night without all those extra covers. I haven't been warm in a long time.

Okay I bought my own. Yesterday. Had to go to officmax and lo and behold a pink one was staring right at me with a free book light! LOL.

Very warm! And I got tired of freezing at night and being all bound down in blankets, so I bought from Target a Woolrich down Twin comforter. Just for my side as my dh is always hot. Ooohh...I was so very, very warm last night without all those extra covers. I haven't been warm in a long time.

I got a free booklight with mine too! I think the booklight makes it TOTALLY worth it. I sleep with my snuggie too:D

My mil gave one to me and one to my dh. She really did it as a joke because we ALWAYS make fun of the commercials, saying they look like cult members. The new one with them raising their hands up and down is hilarious. :lol:

Ours are very full of static, but they are really comfortable to put on as a blanket when you need one.

My 9yr old daughter's nickname has been "Snuggie" for years so when the Snuggie came out, we knew we had to get her one. My dh especially calls her Snuggie a lot. Her birthday was 2 days ago and dh got her a pink snuggie. Now he calls her his "Snuggie in a Snuggie".. LOL

Well no because it's summer and hot. But I had heard about them and had to go Google. I thought they looked utterly ridiculous. I'd much rather have a big robe that I can tie at the front so it doesn't keep my butt cold every time I get up. Ashamedly I'm told they were invented by an Australian..... I'd just like to point out that I may live in Australia but I'm acutally a New Zealander. I declare myself free from any link to them!!