Ingredients

• 1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
  • 5 cups oyster crackers

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Add oyster crackers, and toss to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring gently after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before serving.

I vote for veggie tray. Carrots and cucumbers are super cheap and bottled generic ranch dressing won't break the bank.

I like popcorn normally but we had it at a party here last night and it was EVERYWHERE in our basement. No one is owning up to a popcorn battle but it looks like the machine exploded. Thank God for a popcorn loving dog.

Summer sausage and cheese arranged in slices on a platter with Ritz crackers or Town House crackers works nicely.

A bag of popcorn chicken or lemon-pepper wings (we like Target's brand the best) from the frozen section only costs about $7.50/bag. For snacking purposes, I'd buy 2 bags, but fix just one at a time. You can save the other bag for your family to eat later if you don't need it for the party.

Muddy Buddies...or it's also known by different names...Chex cereal with melted peanut butter, melted chocolate chips & tossed in powdered sugar. Okay, maybe it's a sweet...but it's got that crunch to it and it's yummy.

My boys LOVE this, and it was a huge hit at 11 yr. old ds party. I was going to post the same thing. Cheap, quick, and easy!

Always late, I am.

I interpreted a party that had a mashed potato sundae bar and it seemed a huge, huge, hit.

The mashed potatoes were served in a large dish and kept warm. There were fancy ice cream dishes and an ice cream scooper. There was every kind of topping: butter, sour cream, chives (actual chives), bacon bits, two or three kinds of cheese, the smallest cherry tomatoes I've ever seen, salt and pepper grinders, and probably more but I dont' remember.

Everyone was raving about it.

Maybe too much work but I'm definately keeping it in mind for future reference.