Menu

Should I trust Amazon Free Super Saving Shipping at this point?

I hope so, because I just placed an order for Christmas. :D

Actually, I did the same last year, and it arrived on time. I believe it was actually first thing on Christmas Eve morning, but still on time. :)

I would make sure that all your items are in stock before placing your order, just in case.

According to Amazon, I can still use the free super saving shipping and get it by Christmas. (says I have 3 days left to do this) Can I trust this?

I wouldn't trust it. Their 3 day limit likely applies under normal circumstances and doesn't take into account any delays that could be the fault of the shipping company.

Only if you can live with it coming after Christmas.

I signed up for the Amazon Prime trial, myself. I love it - gives online ordering a sense of immediate gratification, though I will be cancelling it once the trial period is up - I don't love it $79 worth, though I can see how it could pay for itself in gas savings if you ordered a lot of stuff you would have bought anyway.

I hope so, because I just placed an order for Christmas. :D

Actually, I did the same last year, and it arrived on time. I believe it was actually first thing on Christmas Eve morning, but still on time. :)

I would make sure that all your items are in stock before placing your order, just in case.

I wanted to add that I placed my order late last night, and a few hours ago, I received an email to confirm that it shipped out this morning. Since it's only the 13th, I'm quite confident that mine will get here in time. YMMV, of course, but thought I'd share. :)

I had no problems with all my free delivery stuff from Amazon last year at this point in time. I agree with the poster who said to check to see if it is in stock. ACtually if you are buying thru Amazon, meaning, the stuff is shipping from another store that sells thru Amazon, those can take longer. Amazon itself is amazing with their deliveries.

NO!!

I ordered Christmas gifts on Dec. 1st and I am still waiting on them!:glare:

They better be here this week. I need them for Saturday.

BTW, all of my items were in stock at the time of my order.

Edited by CAMom

I probably wouldn't order anything absolutely needed by Christmas beyond today. That said everything I have ordered over the past 2 weeks has come 1-4 days before the 'scheduled' date.

I keep finding cheaper prices than I already paid at other stores so I buy and then return the 1st item once I have the one from Amazon. So the one thing I *must* have won't be an issue since I technically already have it and won't return until later (can't go to Target without my 4 yr old and since it's a Santa gift for my son I can't let her see it!)

I just placed an order for a bunch of Mr. Men books my son wants for Christmas. I was debating whether or not to upgrade the shipping, but I really can't afford to pay the extra amount. It said it would be here by the 21st. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Amazon is great and especially fast this time of year but I wouldn't count on it. Sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial and get two day delivery. Warning: this may cause you to order more than you normally would if for no other reason, you are spending less on shipping. :D

Edited by KidsHappen

Get the Amazon Prime membership if you see an offer - I got a 30 day free trial last week (and you betcha I marked my calender when to cancel it so I do not get a fee) even though they had already let me have a three month free trial a year or so ago. You get 2 day free shipping on those last minute gifts.

I wouldn't. I remember last year how many threads there were about people not getting their items in time.

I placed an order on December 1st for things that were in stock and coming from Amazon and it still told me they would not arrive in time for Christmas. I signed up for their free trial of Prime and will cancel it before I get charged.

Tara

It totally depends what you're buying. Amazon will often list things as "in stock" that are in fact, NOT in stock. This happened to me twice -- for my daughter's 4th b-day and for her 5th b-day (lesson learned -- I won't order her b-day presents from Amazon! :lol:). In both instances I had to scramble last-minute to find her another present. This year I ordered a present for her late-September b-day the 2nd week of August. After months of nasty e-mails from me, they finally sent me an e-mail 2 weeks ago -- yes, 2 weeks ago for something I ordered in AUGUST -- that they don't anticipating getting any more of these items in stock and they were canceling my order.

If you are ordering something like a book or a movie, you'll probably be fine. If it's a toy I'd look for another vendor, and if possible I'd call the vendor to make sure they have the item in stock and that it will arrive before Christmas.

Edited to add: I read the post and saw that a lot of people said to go for it if it was directly from Amazon, not from one of their vendors, and in-stock. For DD's b-day this year I made sure of that as the ONLY time I had a problem with Amazon was the year before and it was with one of their vendors. This year's b-day gift was directly from Amazon, and they were still listing it in-stock even after they sent me an e-mail 3 1/2 months later saying they no longer carried the item.

Edited by jujsky