Menu

Poll: For Spaghetti Eaters

Poll: For Spaghetti Eaters  

1. 1. Poll: For Spaghetti Eaters

• I twirl the spaghetti.
    • I cut the spaghetti.

Just to add, when I was little, we always twirled the spaghetti around the fork. The first time I ever saw my MIL eat spaghetti, she cut it with the side of her fork and scooped each bite up. I was SO glad I hadn't started my spaghetti yet! Needless to say, I started cutting my bites! Recently, while visiting my mom in the nursing home, they served spaghetti and she so enjoys that meal. I watched as she twirled each bite and marveled at her control (based on her health condition) --- it looked like so much fun to twirl that spaghetti! Needless to say again, the next time I made spaghetti, I twirled it!!! So what do you normally do - twirl or cut?:)

I break the spaghetti into small pieces before I cook it, so that we can just eat it neatly without twirling *or* having to cut each bite. :D

:smilielol5:

I am laughing at myself! I debated for several minutes whether to add "Other" and finally decided what else could one do but twirl or cut???!!! The *joke's* on me!!!

I'm a twirler, but I do break the noodles in half before dropping them in the pot.

For my littles, I cut it up on the plate. They would enjoy the twirling, but I wouldn't enjoy the clean-up. Might be a fun activity, tho, to have a "how to REALLY eat spaghetti" dinner.

I break it in half when I drop it in the pot, just because it fits better. (Habit from the days of pasta for one, and only one small pot!) But we always twirl. If we are out at a resturant, we use the spoon of course. But I don't bother with spoons at home.

However my pasta breaking has gotten me some disapproving eye rolls from the old italians!

Want a cultural funny? While it's not okay to slurp spaghetti, it's toally acceptable and okayto slurp udon type japanese noodles.

Edited by Renthead Mommy

Twirl.

And I like the 20 inch spaghetti, not the "short stuff" available in stores these days. Trader Joe's briefly carried a great long spaghetti from Italy, and we enjoyed a brief spaghetti eating renaissance, but sadly they stopped carrying it. Boo Hoo.

Bill (who is mortified that people "snap" spaghetti :D )

Twirl.

And I like the 20 inch spaghetti, not the "short stuff" available in stores these days. Trader Joe's briefly carried a great long spaghetti from Italy, and we enjoyed a brief spaghetti eating renaissance, but sadly they stopped carrying it. Boo Hoo.

Bill (who is mortified that people "snap" spaghetti :D )

aha! look!

I agree with Spy Car ;)

ds has been wanting to make his own super long spaghetti........

size matters ;)

I do cut the noodles for the little guys tho, for the same reason as AuntieM.

Meanest's descriptive slurping is a staple here too.....

I'm a twirler, but my dh is a cutter. I'd never seen anyone cut each bite of spaghetti before I got married. In my family the only ones that had their spaghetti cut were the very little kids who didn't have the control to twirl yet.

My youngest is of the 'Place end of noodle and slurp method' which is why spaghetti night is always bath night too. LOL

I am a twirler and trying hard to teach my boys to eat spaghetti in a civilized manner. lol

ds 16 ( a slurper!) and i recently had this very discussion. he refuses to twirl and when i told him about using a spoon he thought it was the most ridiculous, unnecessary thing he has ever heard of. wait til he has future in-laws to impress and they serve spaghetti.

after reading this thread, i think i'll just end the discussion by cutting his spaghetti before serving. just his spaghetti. mom will twirl away....:lol:

I break the spaghetti into small pieces before I cook it, so that we can just eat it neatly without twirling *or* having to cut each bite. :D

I do this as well! But, I voted for "cut" because it seemed the closest to breaking it before cooking. Breaking could be a type of cutting, right? ;)