Menu

iPod Touch or Zune HD?

Thanks, everyone. I was actually leaning toward the Zune, but now I'm going to seriously rethink that. Maybe I'll visit an Apple store and check out the iPod Touch in person.

You'll love it. I promise.

The only sad part, Tracy, is that it's not for me. I'd like to give one to my son for Christmas.

iPod touch. There are so many cool apps, it's easy to use, well designed.

The Apple store may not know about many of the education ones, search here and you'll find a bunch that people have recommended--most of the ones I like, education wise, are too young for your children, but there are others out there for older children and also some flashcard ones for any age. I personally would make it part of the deal that he had to share it with his brother for educational use when you ask him to.

Edited by ElizabethB

iPod touch. There are so many cool apps, it's easy to use, well designed.

I really like the idea that he can use the apps and gather all his organizational tools in one pretty little package.

Anyone know if there is a place to browse the App Store without a device?

I Pod - hubby as a Zune and detests it. Mostly the software to get things on the Zune drives him nuts.

I had a Zune last Christmas (not the HD). I returned it because the software was way inferior to iTunes. I really liked the Zune itself though.

JFS and Cleo, I am so glad to know it's not just me! I have a Zune as well, but I rarely use it. Having to use the Zune software frustrates me terribly, and I'm usually rather competent when it comes to these things.

I was starting to feel old and out of touch. ;)

I have a Zune (not HD), I think the software has updated recently and is significantly better ... there could be more improvements, though. I wish I could just drop and drag like I can other windows files ....

You know what I really wish they had? A better ebook program.

Downloading the text file, converting all the pages to jpegs, then filing them on the Zune as images is a Huge pain in the bohunkus.

I really like the idea that he can use the apps and gather all his organizational tools in one pretty little package.

Anyone know if there is a place to browse the App Store without a device?

http://appshopper.com

I bought one for DD's birthday recently & it is worth every single penny. She especially likes Spore, iFlashmath, Utalk Latin, lots of hidden object games, Stanza, Fling, Finger Physics, Aces Nintaii, Bugg Out, dictionary.com. Bookworm is on her wishlist.

Downloading the text file, converting all the pages to jpegs, then filing them on the Zune as images is a Huge pain in the bohunkus.

Wow ... you're a trooper. I'd never even thought about trying something like that ... I pretty much use it just for music/sermons/Mars Hill Audio/CiRCE talks.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if anyone had any new thoughts on these. Please note that I am considering the Zune HD which only came out last fall.

I found a deal on Zune HD for today only. So if you have an opinion please let me know.

From what I have seen so far Zune is more of a media player that does wi-fi w/ only a few apps and I-touch is more games and apps that also does media. What do you guys think?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3556910&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10550055-552179-S60SHwoBCjYAADjRszUAAADa

Josephine

I ended up buying an iPod Touch for my son, and I liked what I saw so much that I bought one for myself as well.

I don't listen to a lot of music, but I love having access to my Google Calendar, carrying a bundle of educational apps for my younger son and keeping my To-Do and shopping lists in my pocket.

My favorite feature by far is the Kindle software for the iPod. I read in that fabulous little device every day.

I love that it is smaller and lighter than a Nook or a Kindle. As I was donating blood this morning, I was able to read and turn pages with one hand.

I had a Zune last Christmas (not the HD). I returned it because the software was way inferior to iTunes. I really liked the Zune itself though.

:iagree: Glad to hear you made the decision. We are fans of Microsoft products in general, but we had fits with the Zune software. Returned it, got the I-pod nano and ds is quite happy with it.