Menu

Please describe your almost 6 yo daughter to me...

My new-ish 6yr old dd is and always has been loud, clumsy, outrageous at times and when she gets really tired, she'll giggle. Incessantly.:toetap05: She rarely slows down, because if she does, she will fall fast asleep. When this unnatural event occurs, she is dead to the world.

Just this past month, she has learned to burp on command. Just the other day, we were running errands and I heard Gracie say, "Hey boys! Listen to this!" And she proceeded to burp several times in a row, very loudly. I often think she fits more of the boy stereotypes than my boys. She drives me :willy_nilly:but I can't help :001_wub: her to pieces.

Mine is....

rowdy

loud, very loud and very very loud

often mouthy

funny, with a developing sense of humor

hyper

inquisitive

destructive, sometimes on purpose, usually because she's clumsily strong

Are these "normal" traits? She used to be very shy and quiet.

That about sums up my dd who turned 6 in Sept. Well, except for the "used to be very shy and quiet" part. :001_smile:

I was a gumnut guide leader (daisy scouts) so have had the pleasure of spending lots of time with scores of 6 year old girls. In my opinion, they are all much like that. However quiet and shy they are, 99% of them are rowdier and have messier hair by the time they turn 7. Six year old girls are good fun :D

Rosie

yep, that was my just turned 7 last week 6 yr old. Destructive, spazoid, loud, spazzy, impulsive, argumentative. Hear her in the living room right now arguing that her right foot is her left foot in "this game" (Twister). Yep. That's her. I am getting a gym membership to get muscles to deal with her teenagehood!:D

My 5 (will be 6 in April) year old DD is.....

mouthy

easily angered

tempermental

whiny

cannot entertain herself to save her life

She does have lots of good qualities too though!

Great friend to her sister

protective of her sister

wise in her ways and questions

mature (when she's not pitching a fit or whining)

very creative

loving (when she's not mad at you LOL)

Mine is....

rowdy

loud, very loud and very very loud

often mouthy

funny, with a developing sense of humor

hyper

inquisitive

destructive, sometimes on purpose, usually because she's clumsily strong

Are these "normal" traits? She used to be very shy and quiet.

YES! She is all of these. She used to be so sweet. She still is sweet, but she is changing. She's just trying to figure things out.

My middle daughter exhibits most of those traits, too, but she still has the shy and quiet thing going on when she is in a large group of people. FWIW, she'll be 6 in a little over a month.

What I find funny is how one minute she can be the most mature child, and in the next, she'll be like a baby all over again (which can be endearing sometimes, I'll admit).

My dd (will be six in January) is the quiet, shy type in public but loud and rowdy at home. People always say how well-behaved she is (they don't see her at home :lol:) Lately she's gotten really mouthy and has even pitched a few fits - something she rarely did as a toddler. Still trying to figure out how to deal with this new side of her. :glare:

Yep, you've described Berry quite well. She has no volume control, she's always loud! She's developed a mouthy streak over the last year that drives me up a wall, but it also reminds me of me at her age. You know how your mother used to tell you to wait until you have children, this is the classic example. She's a bit clumsy, but less so than I was, probably because of TKD and ballet lessons. She was shy and quiet until about a year ago, now I don't think any of her outside teachers would think of her that way. Class clown and social butterfly are currently more her style.

Yes, my 6yo is very much like this. Yesterday she was out all morning at a Girl Scout field trip and the house was unbelievably quiet. Then when she came home, the noise level and rowdiness returned and I realized that while it can drive me crazy sometimes, I've grown so used to the wildness that without it, my life felt very small and empty.

And she used to be such a quiet cling-to-mommy kind of kid. sigh...