Menu

What Is It???

I ask myself the same thing. Around here, where I have 9 daughters and myself there is only one thing I can come up with. Practicality.

1. They are durable and hold up through many washings.

2. You can have almost any colored shirt and it most likely won't clash.

3. Since they are durable they are good used for hand me downs. And in big families (which there are a lot in the homeschool world), then this is a plus.

4. We have some jumpers and skirts that are denim but they are NOT the only thing in our closets.

Denim jumpers were quite stylish in the late eighties and early nineties. That is the time period that homeschooling really took off. I had lots of jumpers back then, but not any more.:D They were comfortable, easy to make and very wash and wear.

They are really out of "style" right now. I haven't even seen the "Duggers" in denim jumpers for several years. They mostly wear denim skirts and tees.

I don't think most home schoolers wear denim jumpers anymore. It is just an old stereotype.

This racy one doesn't shout homeschooler to me at all.

Holy Hannah! :blink::eek::svengo:

Denim jumpers were quite stylish in the late eighties and early nineties. That is the time period that homeschooling really took off. I had lots of jumpers back then, but not any more.:D They were comfortable, easy to make and very wash and wear.

They are really out of "style" right now. I haven't even seen the "Duggers" in denim jumpers for several years. They mostly wear denim skirts and tees.

I don't think most home schoolers wear denim jumpers anymore. It is just an old stereotype.

aha! Thanks for the link! I had one, but it was knee length, thereabouts. Comfy as all get out.

Hmmm. Wonder how hard that would be to make...Diva wants to learn to sew...I sense a project in the making...Jumpers for all the girls...Maybe not denim, but this could be really cool :D

You have to buy a Sonlight package AND a set of encyclopdias to wear that jumper.

Seriously? Thats all you need to wear a jumper like that? I was thinking hundreds of thousands of dollars in plastic surgery...

*runs off to find Sonlight's catalog*

I had one like that as a young adult but that was way before I had kids and was homeschooling, although it may have had something to do with WHY I had kids. :D

Hahahahaha!!! Love it!! I had one that was not sleeveless. In pink. My booKs were uhm... on a higher shelf back then. They stay in a covered shelf (cabinet?) these days, though. :tongue_smilie:

When dh and I go to hs conferences we play "Spot the Denim Jumper." Though, I think he'd enjoy the game a lot more if that racy one was in play!

The kids and I always play spot the homeschoolers when we are out and about. I might have missed a few but I have never been wrong when I have asked and nary a denim jumper in sight. It is usually the preponderence of books and children that give it away.

I admit it...I have owned and worn denim jumpers within the last two years. :tongue_smilie:

They're comfy! I'm all about comfortable clothes. HATE anything that is tight, scratchy, snug, poking me with buttons/zippers/snaps/whatever, or just feeling blech.

Haven't got one at the moment ~ but I do have one in a dark green corduroy and a few long denim skirts. ;)