Menu

Who has already decorated for Halloween?

I busted everything out on the 1st! My kids love to see the transformation of the house into the "holiday" decor. They really love it because they know that when the sun sets on the day the house gets decorated, I'll turn all the lights off and turn on all the decorations, light all the candles, and let them enjoy it. We don't have anything particularly macabre, but it is Halloween decor.

Spider webs cover the porch, a large fake spider is crawling up the wall, a motion-activated witch is next to the pirate skeleton in a cage - etc. My son with autism LOVES Halloween and makes our house as spooky as he can each year. Inside we are also festooned - spooky!

My son and I just spent the afternoon decorating our bay window. We bought the Target version of the Department 56 Halloween village last year and so we set up our window display with it. Very cute!

My mother-in-law bought us a 4-ft wide lighted spider web so we hung it between 2 trees this afternoon...looks great.

nothing scary here! Just fun stuff!

No pumpkins yet but we are eager to carve...that's when the serious business starts! We give them to Grandmas, neighbors etc.

I put up our 'Fall' decorations today, as a matter of fact! We do fall-colored leaves, pumpkins, pumpkin candles, Indian corn dolls, squirrels, etc. It looks so pretty!

This is the first time I've put up the fall decorations in three years. My mom died and for two years decorations just didn't seem to matter, and then last year my older dd went off to college for her first year and it was just me and my younger dd left at home......I just haven't had the heart to decorate.

BUT today!!!! This is a great year and I feel terrific! Fall.......here we come!

All I need are some pumpkins for outside on my steps and I'm good. :001_smile:

My kids had the stuff out before the 1st. I posted about it the other day. It's not exactly what I would have done but hey, I didn't have to do it. On the other hand, I have to have my dd's 13th birthday party the Friday before Halloween and there will be lots of loud teens involved. :glare:

I haven't but just wanted to throw this idea out for you ghouls.

Dd10 loves to make gingerbread houses but instead of Christmas, she makes them up for Halloween instead. We always want to make them for Christmas, but are always to busy, so we started making them for Halloween instead. If you aren't up to baking the form yourself, you can buy the Christmas kits and just alter them (we always tint the frosting olive green) or use graham crackers glued with frosting to cardboard (1/2 gallon milk cartons are good).

There are sooooo many cool candies, skeleton bones, gooey eyeballs etc. I actually think it is funner than the Christmas ones because there isn't the pressure to make it look perfect. Crooked walls, droopy icing and cracks all add to the look instead of taking away from it :D

I saw this in a magazine this week, I thought it was a great idea! We never get around to making the gingerbread houses either. We may have to try it. Dd has decorated the front yard/porch. She started a week or so ago, but I told her to take it down and wait for October. She started putting everything back up on the

1st, lol! Oh, well, I don't have to do it! And she will start decorating for Christmas the day after Halloween, I'm sure. lol

I haven't but just wanted to throw this idea out for you ghouls.

Dd10 loves to make gingerbread houses but instead of Christmas, she makes them up for Halloween instead. We always want to make them for Christmas, but are always to busy, so we started making them for Halloween instead. If you aren't up to baking the form yourself, you can buy the Christmas kits and just alter them (we always tint the frosting olive green) or use graham crackers glued with frosting to cardboard (1/2 gallon milk cartons are good).

There are sooooo many cool candies, skeleton bones, gooey eyeballs etc. I actually think it is funner than the Christmas ones because there isn't the pressure to make it look perfect. Crooked walls, droopy icing and cracks all add to the look instead of taking away from it :D

I saw one of those at Target the other day, in a kit. Go figure. I personally like picking all the stuff out myself!