Menu

Update from Stan Schmidt on the Life of Fred book...

Heather in VA

I got an email back yesterday from Stan. Unfortunately he has been ill and in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. For those that don't know, that is very serious and can actually be fatal. So then I felt really awful about asking him when it would be done. He said that obviously it's delayed his schedule but he is hoping now for a November release.

I am definately praying for his healing. At this point I think it may be longer than he's hoping. My mother had a PE and it took a while before she was recovered enough to work at full throttle.

Heather

I got an email back yesterday from Stan. Unfortunately he has been ill and in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. For those that don't know, that is very serious and can actually be fatal. So then I felt really awful about asking him when it would be done. He said that obviously it's delayed his schedule but he is hoping now for a November release.

I am definately praying for his healing. At this point I think it may be longer than he's hoping. My mother had a PE and it took a while before she was recovered enough to work at full throttle.

Heather

Thanks for the update. That's awful! I'll be praying for him.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :sad:

I think I'll ask my son (a huge Fred fan) to make him a get well card. If anyone else is interested in sending him a card, or just an email to let him know that you're praying for him, his contact info is:

Stan Schmidt

9034 Western Skies Drive

Reno NV 89521

stan @ stanleyschmidt . com

Jackie

I'm so sorry to hear that. :sad:

I think I'll ask my son (a huge Fred fan) to make him a get well card. If anyone else is interested in sending him a card, or just an email to let him know that you're praying for him, his contact info is:

Stan Schmidt

9034 Western Skies Drive

Reno NV 89521

stan @ stanleyschmidt . com

Jackie

Thanks so much for posting the address. I'd like to send him a get well card too. :)

Stan is amazing - my oldest son is doing his ALgebra 2 and couldn't get the one problem out (and nor could I) and he emailed Stan and got a pretty quick response. Of course at that time I had no idea he was ill - I only read this post a few hours later. Turns out btw that the problem was poorly worded and Stan realized this after my son's query - so if your kids get to the 2nd or 3rd last chapter and get stuck on a problem about ironing shirts and pants - you had better email me for an interpretation of the problem.

Meryl

Same here. I sent him a get-well e-mail late last night. I told him we (homeschoolers) all love him. He wrote me back first thing this morning. He told me that "Fred" says he looks a lot better. :) He just seems like a great guy.

My email to him was very short, but he also emailed back and said he really believes prayer works (not how he worded it.) Gotta hand it to him, he's great at replying to emails. Bedrest probably helps, but still, I like that.