Menu

Excuse me, Ma'am

"Excuse me Ma'am, but would you mind wiping off the pee that you left on the seat?"

Ever been tempted to say that?:rant:

Laurie4b

(Who just returned home from traveling and stopping at many rest stops and restaurant bathrooms.)

Well, sometimes it's clearly yellow and ya know it's pee.

Sometimes the splashing of water as it flushes will get it wet.

I once complained loudly in a turnpike bathroom and had to eat my words as I flushed and saw the water splashing all over the seat.

I would rather pee behind a tree than use a public bathroom.

I've been known to loudly comment to my dd's about the state of the toilets - usually when the offender is still in the restroom washing their hands. (stupid busy highway rest areas:glare:)

Public toilets gross me out.

Yes! I have started doing this too. "Eww...that's so gross. I can't believe people are so lazy and rude! Let me wipe this seat before you sit down on it!"

No, I would never do that. Only because I detest public restrooms and I'm too scared of confrontation.

My kids, however :glare: Have no problems saying, OMGOSH Mom! That lady left a HUGE POO in the potty! OH MAN! OH THAT'S SO GROSS!

or

Did you hear that Mom? The person in the next stall FARTED, ewww! Oh it stinks!!!!!

I miss it when they used to just sit and sing :(

My kids, however :glare: Have no problems saying, OMGOSH Mom! That lady left a HUGE POO in the potty! OH MAN! OH THAT'S SO GROSS!

or

Did you hear that Mom? The person in the next stall FARTED, ewww! Oh it stinks!!!

Mine will comment loudly about people not washing their hands :)

about not washing hands...... we don't, won't, and I don't encourage it in public bathrooms because my (little) children think all running water is to play in. AND playing in a public bathroom sink is ewwwwwww!!!!!! Since they're all potty trained and are faster at peeing while "hovering" than I, they get a head start and play in the sinks.

Instead I carry babywipes and/or hand santizer for this purpose. I do wash my hands with soap and water. But I don't play in the sink........:D When they stop this nasty fascination with sinks we'll take another approach. My 10 yo is the only one who joins me, responsibly, at the sink.

*This* is why I hover. :)

But if you didn't hover, you wouldn't splash pee on the seat. Maybe you can put the seat up while you hover. Or wipe the pee off the seat when you're done.

(And by "you" I don't mean just you, I mean every woman who hovers.)

about not washing hands...... we don't, won't, and I don't encourage it in public bathrooms because my (little) children think all running water is to play in. AND playing in a public bathroom sink is ewwwwwww!!!!!! Since they're all potty trained and are faster at peeing while "hovering" than I, they get a head start and play in the sinks.

Instead I carry babywipes and/or hand santizer for this purpose. I do wash my hands with soap and water. But I don't play in the sink........:D When they stop this nasty fascination with sinks we'll take another approach. My 10 yo is the only one who joins me, responsibly, at the sink.

Please tell me you've trained your kids to wipe the pee off the toilet seat when they're done hovering.

"Excuse me Ma'am, but would you mind wiping off the pee that you left on the seat?"

Laurie4b

(Who just returned home from traveling and stopping at many rest stops and restaurant bathrooms.)

Oh, yeah.

I think there should be separate toilets for women who insist on hovering.

Please tell me you've trained your kids to wipe the pee off the toilet seat when they're done hovering.

dunno if they do or don't--have to sprint to the sink prevent a floor flooding incident and then try to herd them all out of there before I break out in hives while having a heart attack. sorry.

Edited by CalicoKat
added apology at the end.

Has anyone seriously considered one of these?

http://www.go-girl.com/

I have, for me and the girl child, but haven't followed through yet.

Between considering a Go-Girl, and the fact that I use a DivaCup, my 74 year old mother is convinced I've lost my marbles :D.

Oh my goodness!!! I WANT one!!!! My only hesitation is that other women would see my feet facing the wrong way and really wonder about me! :lol:

We travel a lot and need to use public restrooms. My dd is the queen-of-holding-it if she finds a bathroom not to her standard of cleanliness!

LOL

Hey - are you in MI? I notice your location is in the mitten!

Indeed, I am, which means we've probably used the *same* nasty restrooms at some point....particularly if you've traveled south down I-75 to Florida. Really, most Michiganders have made that trip at some point in their lives :).

Has anyone seriously considered one of these?

http://www.go-girl.com/

I have, for me and the girl child, but haven't followed through yet.

Between considering a Go-Girl, and the fact that I use a DivaCup, my 74 year old mother is convinced I've lost my marbles :D.

So, what do you do with it once it is wet? Are you going to wash it in the public sink? I don't think people would appreciate wiping urine out of the sink any more than having to wipe the urine off of the seat...especially if there is anything on it that isn't just urine.

It says you can just throw them away, but at $7 a piece, I don't think of that as being very disposable.

So, what do you do with it once it is wet? Are you going to wash it in the public sink? I don't think people would appreciate wiping urine out of the sink any more than having to wipe the urine off of the seat...especially if there is anything on it that isn't just urine.

It says you can just throw them away, but at $7 a piece, I don't think of that as being very disposable.

I believe you could discreetly wipe it out in the stall and store it in something (ziploc bag?) until you are at your destination and have more privacy.

I'm probably less squeamish about such things since I use a DivaCup.

We own a campground, believe me, people are capable of putting a LOT grosser stuff in sinks than urine :glare:.

I believe you could discreetly wipe it out in the stall and store it in something (ziploc bag?) until you are at your destination and have more privacy.

I'm probably less squeamish about such things since I use a DivaCup.

We own a campground, believe me, people are capable of putting a LOT grosser stuff in sinks than urine :glare:.

EWWWWWWW!!! I don't even want to ask what they put!! :ack2:

about not washing hands...... we don't, won't, and I don't encourage it in public bathrooms because my (little) children think all running water is to play in. AND playing in a public bathroom sink is ewwwwwww!!!!!!

I'm with you! We don't use public sinks, it's bad enough we have to use the toilets! We use wipes/sanitizer. Also, I have psoriasis and the soap they have in the bathrooms always kill my hands. We always use sanitizer after we leave the restroom (I'm paranoid about the germs on the door).

Melissa

Laurie4b

Has it ever occured to you that whatever pee or water was already there before that person entered the restroom? Susie

i have a phobia of public restroom sinks. i've seen them cultured vs the toilets and...wow. no one is really cleaning their hands there! you know it's bad when you're such a germophobe you won't wash your hands!

we do the hand sanitizer thing as well.

:)

No way I am sitting on a public toilet seat. Nope. Not going to happen.

What I would like to see is toilet seat covers in all public restrooms. Then we wouldn't have to break a sweat by hovering all the time!

Me neither. But I am very good at avoiding public bathrooms. As for hovering making a splash, drop some toilet paper in the toilet before you hover and there should be no splashing.

For my recent three day trip I took:

These toilet seat covers (They're large, waterproof, stick in place, and easy to toss.)

and this Potty on the go for dd who refuses to go near a public restroom.