Menu

I hate shopping! Who carries boy's PJ's with a commercial on them?

Children's Place has lots of nice, comfy, respectable, commercial-free jammies. The ones listed on the website are just a small sample of what they have. There are TONS in the store, most of them MUCH less garish than the ones on the website. :)

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_-1_26884__26601%7C26884_big%20boy%7Csleepwear

HTH!

Children's Place has lots of nice, comfy, respectable, commercial-free jammies. The ones listed on the website are just a small sample of what they have. There are TONS in the store, most of them MUCH less garish than the ones on the website. :)

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_-1_26884__26601%7C26884_big%20boy%7Csleepwear

HTH!

The Children's Place is where we buy jammies. Hunter loves them.

We pass along a lot of Tshirts to the kids to wear to bed. Some are shirts that the family adults have outgrown. Some are the freebies that seem to just show up from sports events or community functions. Then I can just buy sleeping pants. Last fall I found them in Target in pairs, one plaid and one with a funky but non-commercial pattern (polar bears, snowmen made from sports balls, radios and guitars). This has worked really well for us.

We just buy plaid lounge pants/pj bottoms and solid t-shirts.

I have the same problem with DD. She is not a bill board for Barbie or Hannah Montana.... and I don't like paying $5-10 more for the privileage of advertising for them. ERRRR!

All the brands mentioned like Lands End & Childrens Place are strong quality clothing also... great for hand-me-downs! Much longer life & more comfy wear!

Are little priate ships OK? My sister just bought some cute cotton ones at Target for her Piraetology book loving tot.

For way cute, and way $pendy cuteness in nightwear, try this:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-Nightwear.html

For the most colorful bascs and very reasonbable prices, try here:

http://www.basicbrilliance.com/boystopstees.html

Edited by LibraryLover

My boys sleep in cotton knit shorts from Walmart. They are grey, white, royal or navy with white stripes at the sides and come in sizes 4-16 or so for about $4 a pr. Add a plain cotton tee shirt and you're good to go.

If you want nice pj's that are actually pj's, I second Lands' End or maybe try The Children's Place. If their summer stuff isn't clearanced already, it will be soon.

I'm having a hard time finding anything in that size. I would recommend a 3-pack of white t-shirts and either boxers or sleep pants. These are easy to find and my boys like them. My 6yo doesn't like to wear boxers during the day but prefers them to sleep in. My oldest doesn't really care for pjs and usually just sleeps in undies.

I second this. My 5yo dd is now wearing Hannas my 13yo dd used to wear. Their clothes and pj's have held up remarkably well...even the colors still look great.

I love the idea of Hanna's, and have even bought many over the years, but their ribknits seem to stretch 3 sizes and my kids get tangled up in them. Maybe because I have skinny kids? Even the cute little knit tee shirts with button shoulders would do it and the neckline will sag and gape. I was bummed. I followed washing instructions to the letter too.

I've bought the zippers and stripes for my babies a few times (in the correct size), and had to keep folding up cuffs and pantlegs. They just kept getting longer! :confused:

On the plus side, when my oldest potty trained at exactly age two, their underwear were the only ones I could find small enough. They also had no gapping in the leg holes. Very rare for skinny legged tiny tushed little boys.

ACK, WithOUT, withOUT a commerical on them!

No batman, no spiderman.

Anyone, ANYone have plain old PJ's? Plaid maybe? Something with some dignity? Looking for cotteny, size 10, short and t-top.

Old Navy. Thats where we go. I hate commercial pjs~!!!

My boys wear inspensive cotton short-sleeve and long-sleeve t-shirts from Walmart -- those stacks of them they sell for around $4-6 a piece.

Then, I find thin cotton pants in the same area that work for pajamas. We also use cheap sweatpants in the winter.

I too avoid the commercialized clothing -- well, except for the Lego shirts from Target I bought the boys this year. :)

Thanks all. I'm such a wimp about shopping it is all just a mile from me, in about 3 "shopping areas" within a mile of each other, and I still dread it. If I could go Monday mornings at 10 it might be different. I can't send hubby because he'll come back with something 2 sizes too big because "it was on sale", and I'll have to go anyway.

Now, with any luck, I'll nail it at the first store.

Say, I didn't know the Children's Place went above size 6!

If you want cotton, you may have problems with kids' sizes (because of the fire retardant regulations for children's sleep wear). Most of the cotton pajamas available for kids are the very snug-fitting long johns types -- not the more relaxed fit cotton wovens. If you want all cotton, try looking for cotton "lounge pants" for kids (still somewhat challenging to find, due to the regulations I mentioned), and pairing them with plain cotton t-shirts.

If you don't mind the long johns/short johns styles, you've had a number of good suggestions. Now that ds is older, we mostly stick to finding (or I'll occasionally make) light cotton lounge pants and t-shirts.

I like Land's End, LL Bean and Gymboree. Gymboree has great sales and I've gotten a lot of good long sleeve/long pants pjs from them.

But what ds likes best most of the year is boxers and t-shirts. I get them at Target usually. Cheap, easy and no commericials. :)